California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Question for NorCal adventurers. Camping with a group of buddies with tame trucks, RAV4 and 2WD Sequoia near Bass Lake. Any suggestions for forest service roads or easy trails to drag them on? I've read a bit about Chepo saddle and Shuteye peak but Cheapo seems like too much and Shuteye would be alright if they could chicken out before it gets difficult. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Question for NorCal adventurers. Camping with a group of buddies with tame trucks, RAV4 and 2WD Sequoia near Bass Lake. Any suggestions for forest service roads or easy trails to drag them on? I've read a bit about Chepo saddle and Shuteye peak but Cheapo seems like too much and Shuteye would be alright if they could chicken out before it gets difficult. Any advice would be appreciated.
If you go further up Highway 41 towards Fishcamp You can go to Little Sandy and big Sandy towards star Lakes or closer to bass Lake is Beasore Meadows to Grays mountain or to Fresno Dome

Try this link
https://www.yosemitethisyear.com/account/jones-store-at-beasore-meadows

- Shuteye Peak - https://goo.gl/maps/daBWqoJsn7ENqzKa7

- Devils Peak (signal peak lookout) - https://goo.gl/maps/btby5zpVwfmNxKbeA

- Miami Creek OHV - https://goo.gl/maps/Q9iQPpdrRbm5eKiK8

Reactions: pagrey and DrDmoney
I am planning on running it next weekend, I sure it is getting a lot of use because Slick Rock and Deer Valley most likely have snow

They just opened Niagara Rim trail a week ago so maybe less people up there now. It was packed up there when we ran it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just opened Niagara Rim trail a week ago so maybe less people up there now. It was packed up there when we ran it

I have never run the Rim trail how is it ? I did run Sour Grass last weekend and I have to say the river crossing was a bit of a bitch. This trail has gotten a little harder over the last few years and now much more fun

Reactions: Alex01
I'm going to run Sourgrass on Friday, 7/12. Any photos of this year's conditions, particularly the river crossing?

The river crossing gave a lot of people fits when I was there as well saw carnage on more then one Jeep . The by pass was heavily used
ce1d9563d343fa771ef4e0d457608a53.jpg

I have never run the Rim trail how is it ? I did run Sour Grass last weekend and I have to say the river crossing was a bit of a bitch. This trail has gotten a little harder over the last few years and now much more fun

The Rim trail is a good trail has some challenging parts it is packed on the weekends I am gonna run it during the week only to avoid the traffic jam

I am open to run either trail if anyone wants to head up there

The river crossing gave a lot of people fits when I was there as well saw carnage on more then one Jeep . The by pass was heavily used View attachment 102593

More pictures of the trail would be great, if you have them. I'm doing the Sourgrass Trail for the first time on Friday the 12th, and I suspect most of the small group I'll be with haven't done it either.

Those are the more interesting sections nothing to hard I ran the trail in 4h most the time the only section I was in 4l was the slab area and I was in second gear no lockers it’s not a difficult trail but it is fun once u cross the river they have a few rocky areas but nothing to complicated

There are some good videos on YouTube with the trail and main river crossing