NP231 doubler / crawlbox

You guys just said two different things.

If you have the clutch safety bypass fuse pulled or installed (don't remember which way) you can start it with out your foot on the clutch. If you do that with it in gear it'll take off. Not something you want to always have enabled if you let your kids play around in the Jeep while you work on it!!
Yeah, im not sure, I never did a mod but maybe the PO did. Jeep is In storage for the winter so can’t run out and check. It’s super handy.

You guys just said two different things.

If you have the clutch safety bypass fuse pulled or installed (don't remember which way) you can start it with out your foot on the clutch. If you do that with it in gear it'll take off. Not something you want to always have enabled if you let your kids play around in the Jeep while you work on it!!
Toyota pickups have had a "clutch start cancel" button for a long time. At least between 1987 and 2011. Push the button, turn the key, and Ive never read about a problem. Id bet the feature is on other models and goes back decades before '87.

Toyota pickups have had a "clutch start cancel" button for a long time. At least between 1987 and 2011. Push the button, turn the key, and Ive never read about a problem. Id bet the feature is on other models and goes back decades before '87.
I swapped an AW-4 into an 05. The NSS was more than difficult to hook up. I know the owner well so I chatted with him about it being able to start in any gear and he was okay with it. I was doing some other things to the rig on the interior and whatnot. I hopped in the seat with my legs out the door to do something and needed to start it. It was pulled up close to another vehicle. When I started it and barely got my leg inside to mash the brake because it was in 1/2 to check the shift indicator, I found a way to hook up the NSS.

It's just the bottom right fuse IIRC. Might say auto trans?

On the 97 model ONLY you had to move this cable.

1643036232896.png

Got this from another source.

The clutch interlock override feature was redesigned for the '98 and '99 models to make it much easier to bypass. On the '98 TJ, you simply insert a 20-amp fuse in the socket labeled "Auto Trans" (see page 127 in your owner's manual). On the '99 TJ, insert a fuse in the socket labeled "Clutch Interlock" (page 126 in the owner's manual).

Reactions: jesseshoots
The clutch safety switch on my tj was bypassed when I bought it. Not sure how the PO bypassed it. Never worried about it. I grew up driving manual rigs without any safety switches so I have not had any issues with it.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
The clutch safety switch on my tj was bypassed when I bought it. Not sure how the PO bypassed it. Never worried about it. I grew up driving manual rigs without any safety switches so I have not had any issues with it.
It can be as easy as unplugging the clutch safety switch and using a jumper at the firewall side connector.

Reactions: Zorba
I got the drawings from Behemoth but there isn't a centerline listed for either case.

View attachment 305252

View attachment 305253

View attachment 305254

Just for comparison.

mostly eyeballing but based on the height and width being essentially determined by the outer radius of the sides, I'd say that one might have about 8.5" between the centers.

The first one is harder to tell since they machine flats on the ends but I'd ballpark it around 10.

Someone was going to measure a stock 205. They will be the same spread. The BH case isn’t overly large. But the price will make an atlas a better choice. I think they are around $2200 for an empty case.

mostly eyeballing but based on the height and width being essentially determined by the outer radius of the sides, I'd say that one might have about 8.5" between the centers.

The first one is harder to tell since they machine flats on the ends but I'd ballpark it around 10.

Someone posted the centerline spread on the D300 and yes I think it was 8.5". If a NP205 comes out at 10" it'd have the same spread as a STaK which is nice.

Someone was going to measure a stock 205. They will be the same spread. The BH case isn’t overly large. But the price will make an atlas a better choice. I think they are around $2200 for an empty case.

We all agree it's spendy. I think where it's a better deal is if you already own a NP205 and you've broken one or two stock cases. And hopefully Midnight will come in around the same price on their NP205 case as the D300.

But it's nice to have options even if they are spendy. All this matters to me because I have a t-case I can't get parts for it or support for it anymore. So if it breaks I'm gunna have to either buy a Atlas or?

Reactions: Gollywomper
Yes I agree. I have doubts that the aluminum case for the 205 is stronger than a cast case. The 205 is beefy. The only benefit would be the weight savings. If Midnights price comes in around the 300 case price it would be a nice solution other than the 2-1 gearing of a 205.

Reactions: Wildman
Yes I agree. I have doubts that the aluminum case for the 205 is stronger than a cast case. The 205 is beefy. The only benefit would be the weight savings. If Midnights price comes in around the 300 case price it would be a nice solution other than the 2-1 gearing of a 205.

Well I'm looking and watching as the NP205 would give me close to the same spread if not the same as the STaK and for gearing I'd put a crawl box in front of it. 1.96 & 2.72 & 5.44 is okay but I'd rather have a lower final crawl ratio.

The 205 is probably a good option for big HP and Big tires.

You mean like my Jeep?

Reactions: Gollywomper
Well I'm looking and watching as the NP205 would give me close to the same spread if not the same as the STaK and for gearing I'd put a crawl box in front of it. 1.96 & 2.72 & 5.44 is okay but I'd rather have a lower final crawl ratio.

You mean like my Jeep?
Yes. That’s why I made that comment. It is easy to get tunnel vision on what works or doesn’t make sense for my Jeep. There are plenty of builds it does make perfect sense for.

Reactions: Wildman