Nth Degree Mobility Owners Resource Thread

Anyone in PA that can go check the address out and see what's there?

I really want to know where this mysterious Eric guy is.

Chris,

you can call the county records office and inquire about the business. You can also search for his name in that county for obits...

it shouldn’t be too hard to determine if the guy is dead or not. IF you have full name/DOB.

if that happened and the estate was liquidated, you might be able to track down where the rights went. Not going to be easy but if your serious about gaining the rights, a family member might have them without realizing the value it one is so inclined to resurrect the company.
.02 and I remember Nth degree well, I owned TJ’s when they hit the scene and it was the cats meow! Seems these days, it’s holding on with a select few. Best of luck!

Reactions: Chris
Wow, what a cool thread. I remember fondly drooling over Nth Degree products back when I had my TJ. I just couldn't afford them back then. When I bought this LJ I again went looking for Nth Degree products. The website was alive but no products available. I tried reaching out but they seemed to have already stopped any support. What an amazing product that just died out of thin air. The few people I knew that had their full long arm setup all loved them. I've never really heard a bad thing about them. It would be super cool if someone could jump start them back into production.

I just stumbled onto a set of front upper and rear upper adjustable control arms and trac bar bracket kit new. So obviously I bought them. I was wondering if anyone had install instructions for the control arms? The rear seem to be offset to one side. Just curious if it mattered which way they were installed. The fronts and the trac bar kit still had the original paperwork with them.

I just stumbled onto a set of front upper and rear upper adjustable control arms and trac bar bracket kit new. So obviously I bought them. I was wondering if anyone had install instructions for the control arms? The rear seem to be offset to one side. Just curious if it mattered which way they were installed. The fronts and the trac bar kit still had the original paperwork with them.

All the instructions are in the first post of this thread. I believe the control arm instructions are there as well.

Got a pic of the rear uppers? I do not recall them being offset.

You may find install instructions for the control arms included in the instructions for the entire kit. Regarding the offset control arms I found this in the short arm kit instructions.

"Step III-2: Install New Front Lower Control Arms (Nth20100). Replace each stock LCA one at a time with the new heavy duty tubular arms supplied. As with the rear, mount the arms with the main tube flush to the bottom of the bushings to assure a smoother surface for sliding over obstacles.

I don't see the pdf for the QuickSilver Disconnects, the version they had that did not reuse the OEM disconnects. If anyone has that install instruction please add to the list

Also, I'm in the market for a set of those, for my 2006 LJ with 4" lift in case anyone runs across some

Currie 2" narrow x 9/16" x 1" the axle end can be replaced by a synergy dual durometer or cut off and replace the cold cut ring with metal cloak. It needs a high misalignment, self centering bushing that has less resistance than the stock cleavite that was used by nth degree.

This eliminates the binding for guys that want to run with low lifts as well as more downtravel than the clam shell allows.

FB_IMG_1595222815755.jpg

Eric Wirkus is the name and he is MIA. There is a lengthy post over on ROF regarding Nth and the cult following of their products
Anyway back in Sept 2018 I did a google map search of the company and contacted a neighboring business.
They informed me the building was empty at that time.
https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/threads/nth-degree-mobility.105802/

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
Eric Wirkus is the name and he is MIA. There is a lengthy post over on ROF regarding Nth and the cult following of their products
Anyway back in Sept 2018 I did a google map search of the company and contacted a neighboring business.
They informed me the building was empty at that time.
https://www.rubiconownersforum.com/threads/nth-degree-mobility.105802/

I reached out to him via phone, email, and every other way you can imagine, and nothing. He doesn't respond to anything whatsoever, so if I had to guess, he may have actually passed away.

I was interested in buying the rights to the company, but then I found out he bought them from AEV for 75k, and there's no way I am going to pay 75k. I was thinking a few thousand :LOL:

Oh well, wishful thinking. I know that Dave at Jeep West is a really big fan of the Nth products and has said a lot of good stuff about them.

Yes, they have limitations and are not perfect, but he has said that they are very well designed and much better than any of the other bolt-on stuff on the market.

It is a bummer they didn't stay in business. Wish Nth had stayed around. If Eric is dead or? wonder if you could get the rights to the designs for less?

Now I just need to find someone who wants my arms from the longarm kit. Or the HP60 universal brackets.

Who even has the original designs? I would guess Eric, but he's dead as far as I can tell.

I would still love to find a complete Nth long arm kit!

Who even has the original designs? I would guess Eric, but he's dead as far as I can tell.

I would still love to find a complete Nth long arm kit!

I have the arms and can give the the brackets that were suppose to go on the frame. I'm sure you could get new ones cut from that. Just an idea? But this would be for a stock WB TJ.
If you really want this stuff we can work something out and I'll bring them to Moab next year.

Dave has a complete longarm kit or he did in Feb when I was talking to him.

I have the arms and can give the the brackets that were suppose to go on the frame. I'm sure you could get new ones cut from that. Just an idea? But this would be for a stock WB TJ.
If you really want this stuff we can work something out and I'll bring them to Moab next year.

Dave has a complete longarm kit or he did in Feb when I was talking to him.

That's cool! Let me think about this, as Moab is still a ways away, so there is time.

I didn't know Dave has a complete long arm kit. Did you see it laying around at his place @psrivats?

That's cool! Let me think about this, as Moab is still a ways away, so there is time.

I didn't know Dave has a complete long arm kit. Did you see it laying around at his place @psrivats?

No him and I were talking about it.

Since mine was for a HP60 I don't have the stinger made for a Dana 44. So you would have to figure that stuff out also. And if I was keeping the Nth I would have had Dave install the JJ's to replace the gyro joints. Plus he said that there are ways around the Nth stinger.

If he does and wants to sell it I'm sure one of us from the PNW coming could bring for next year.

I had thought about keeping the Nth lower arms and doing triangulated uppers for the rear and them maybe going to a 3 link in the front by getting rid of the radius arms for the uppers. But that was before I decided I wanted to stretch my WB.
I know it wouldn't be a Nth kit anymore if you did all this but I do still like the dogleg lower arms even if they aren't as needed.

No him and I were talking about it.

Since mine was for a HP60 I don't have the stinger made for a Dana 44. So you would have to figure that stuff out also. And if I was keeping the Nth I would have had Dave install the JJ's to replace the gyro joints. Plus he said that there are ways around the Nth stinger.

If he does and wants to sell it I'm sure one of us from the PNW coming could bring for next year.

I had thought about keeping the Nth lower arms and doing triangulated uppers for the rear and them maybe going to a 3 link in the front by getting rid of the radius arms for the uppers. But that was before I decided I wanted to stretch my WB.
I know it wouldn't be a Nth kit anymore if you did all this but I do still like the dogleg lower arms even if they aren't as needed.

Looking at the way he builds his Jeep West suspension, it's very clear he's taken a lot of cues from the Nth long arm, which isn't a bad thing. For instance, he has the only bent lower arms I've ever seen aside from Nth. I actually really like Dave's setup a lot, I just don't like the fact that in order to get it, he has to build it and install it for you.

I'd be all in on it if he actually sold his setup online and allowed people to buy it and install it themselves.

Maybe I'll have to talk to Dave just to see. Who knows what he has in that shop of his :LOL:

Reactions: Wildman
Looking at the way he builds his Jeep West suspension, it's very clear he's taken a lot of cues from the Nth long arm, which isn't a bad thing. For instance, he has the only bent lower arms I've ever seen aside from Nth. I actually really like Dave's setup a lot, I just don't like the fact that in order to get it, he has to build it and install it for you.

I'd be all in on it if he actually sold his setup online and allowed people to buy it and install it themselves.

Maybe I'll have to talk to Dave just to see. Who knows what he has in that shop of his :LOL:

Yes I asked about the bent lowers he uses with his mid arm. And I agree I wish he would market the kit. But he has a good business and is doing well so I also get the not wanting to take on the headache of selling stuff to someone in FL who then installs it wrong and as we know none of our TJ's are exactly alike.

On a side note: Looks like All J is going to have replacement gyro joints made soon.

http://www.boulderbars.com/NthDegree.htm

I have said so many times to others that Dave has the ability to be A LOT more successful than he is. All he has to do is take his damn suspension setup, build them in mass, and market them online. Hell, I've even lamented that I'd let him promote on this site for free if he wants to reach the TJ audience. But alas, Dave is not a business man. He's a brilliant guy when it comes to building rigs, but he has no idea of how to actually run a business. That's too bad, because I think he builds some great stuff, he just needs someone to run the business side of thing.

Cool to hear All J is keeping things alive! If only they could build the parts again.

Did Dave say if it was difficult to swap out the Gyro Joints for Johnny Joints?