Nth Degree Mobility Owners Resource Thread

He
Did Dave say if it was difficult to swap out the Gyro Joints for Johnny Joints?

He said it was something I think he has to do at his shop.

From his description you replace both the frame and axle joints.

Currie 2" narrow x 9/16" x 1" the axle end can be replaced by a synergy dual durometer or cut off and replace the cold cut ring with metal cloak. It needs a high misalignment, self centering bushing that has less resistance than the stock cleavite that was used by nth degree.

This eliminates the binding for guys that want to run with low lifts as well as more downtravel than the clam shell allows.

View attachment 178153

He

He said it was something I think he has to do at his shop.

From his description you replace both the frame and axle joints.

Yes, I just wasn't sure if it involves cutting and welding, or if the John Joints just pop in.

That's cool! Let me think about this, as Moab is still a ways away, so there is time.

I didn't know Dave has a complete long arm kit. Did you see it laying around at his place @psrivats?

I have not seen the Jeep west long arm, only recently learned he had one. I did see his 3 link rear and 4 link rear setups though.

Reactions: Chris
Yes, I just wasn't sure if it involves cutting and welding, or if the John Joints just pop in.

It takes drilling but I am not sure what else. He'd have to answer that question.

The guys from All J also do something similar or use to.

I have not seen the Jeep west long arm, only recently learned he had one. I did see his 3 link rear and 4 link rear setups though.

It's a mid arm like Savvy's not a longarm. I am not sure what his arm lengths are.

Reactions: Chris
I reached out to him via phone, email, and every other way you can imagine, and nothing. He doesn't respond to anything whatsoever, so if I had to guess, he may have actually passed away.

I was interested in buying the rights to the company, but then I found out he bought them from AEV for 75k, and there's no way I am going to pay 75k. I was thinking a few thousand :LOL:

Oh well, wishful thinking. I know that Dave at Jeep West is a really big fan of the Nth products and has said a lot of good stuff about them.

Yes, they have limitations and are not perfect, but he has said that they are very well designed and much better than any of the other bolt-on stuff on the market.

Back in 2018 I had also reached out to him everyway possible. I do not believe he has passed because when I contacted a neighboring business (LIncoln/Mercury dealership). I spoke with the parts manager, he knew who Erik was and told me that he saw him emptying out the business weeks before.
I believe he probably ran into money problems and shut it all down, although there is no public record of it.
It is a shame because Nth had a good following. I was really interested in their coil springs at that point, but ended up going with Synergy springs.
If you wanna take a ride here's his address. It's about 3 hours from me.
https://www.trulia.com/p/pa/spring-grove/130-leah-ln-spring-grove-pa-17362--2015707322

Reactions: Wildman

Dave posted info on swapping the Gyro joints to Johny joints here -
It takes drilling but I am not sure what else. He'd have to answer that question.

The guys from All J also do something similar or use to.

It's a mid arm like Savvy's not a longarm. I am not sure what his arm lengths are.

I have Dave's midarm in my Jeep ...

Back in 2018 I had also reached out to him everyway possible. I do not believe he has passed because when I contacted a neighboring business (LIncoln/Mercury dealership). I spoke with the parts manager, he knew who Erik was and told me that he saw him emptying out the business weeks before.
I believe he probably ran into money problems and shut it all down, although there is no public record of it.
It is a shame because Nth had a good following. I was really interested in their coil springs at that point, but ended up going with Synergy springs.
If you wanna take a ride here's his address. It's about 3 hours from me.
https://www.trulia.com/p/pa/spring-grove/130-leah-ln-spring-grove-pa-17362--2015707322

Here's the thing though. I called him and left him a voicemail (months ago). I told him who I was, what my intention was, and told him I would PAY HIM for the rights to Nth. I told him about this forum and everything. Never heard back from me.

Why would a guy who might owe money want to run away from someone trying to give him money? It doesn't add up if you ask me. I wish I was closer because I would swing by his place.

Any idea if he has a social media account, or if maybe someone in his family does?

Okay I just didn't want any confusion as to what type of system they are. How long are your arms if I might ask?
Are they about the same length as Savvy?

Will have to measure the length of the arms. Will let you know. I posted lots of photos in my build thread a couple weeks back.

OK guys I am not to good at this forum stuff but need some help. I resurrected a Long arm Nth degree lift kit from a junkyard for my 06 LJ Rubicon that I am building to moto around the desert here in Yuma and the Parker area.

First question I have is about springs and shocks as I didn't get any with the kit. I am going for a mild 4in or less lift. I have the Nth spring pocket relocators installed on the frame for the rear axle and from what I read it adds approx 1.75 of height of the lift so am I right in thinking get 3 in springs for the back and use 4in for the front ???

I also need shock recommendations and maybe some part numbers for front and rear. I was looking at Belistins or Rancho 9000 series

This thing has been a huge erector set kit as I pick it up from the yard on a pallet.

Last edited:
OK guys I am not to good at this forum stuff but need some help. I resurrected a Long arm Nth degree lift kit from a junkyard for my 06 LJ Rubicon that I am building to moto around the desert here in Yuma and the Parker area.

What are you needing? Or just sharing? Did you get the frame mounts brackets for the gyro joints?

What are you needing? Or just sharing? Did you get the frame mounts brackets for the gyro joints?
Yes I have everything and its installed in my frame just need help right now with springs and shocks and final adjustments. BTW I have a source for Gyro joints that are CNC milled out of a 95 Durometer urethane material with a 2 week turn around and he will make you a full set or just fronts or rears. I will post some pics here soon.

Yes I have everything and its installed in my frame just need help right now with springs and shocks and final adjustments. BTW I have a source for Gyro joints that are CNC milled out of a 95 Durometer urethane material with a 2 week turn around and he will make you a full set or just fronts or rears. I will post some pics here soon.

Have you read thru the install instructions at the beginning of this thread?

All J products is also going to be making gyro joints soon. But that is good to know that others are making them now also.

Have you read thru the install instructions at the beginning of this thread?

All J products is also going to be making gyro joints soon. But that is good to know that others are making them now also.
Ya I have been waiting on All J for over 2 months and my guy can have them in week or 2 and they are almost the same durometer and fit like a glove.

First question I have is about springs and shocks as I didn't get any with the kit. I am going for a mild 4in or less lift. I have the Nth spring pocket relocators installed on the frame for the rear axle and from what I read it adds approx 1.75 of height of the lift so am I right in thinking get 3 in springs for the back and use 4in for the front ???

I also need shock recommendations and maybe some part numbers for front and rear. I was looking at Belistins or Rancho 9000 series

This thing has been a huge erector set kit as I pick it up from the yard on a pallet.

With the long arm you will need to be more than four inches of lift or you will have to get creative on some of the adjustments as the kit was designed for 4.5 or 6 inches of lift.

With the long arm you will need to be more than four inches of lift or you will have to get creative on some of the adjustments as the kit was designed for 4.5 or 6 inches of lift.

@Blackjack I am running 4.5 springs and the spring bracket relocator on the back and 5.75 on the front. 4" spring with a 1.75 spacer. My next question is about the Shock shifter. This kit has been an erector set that I resurrected from a junkyard. I have been piecing it together as I go along. I got none of the shock shifter parts with the kit so my question is. Is the Shock Shifter required or a great thing to have with the kit?

Love reading threads to do with Nth! I just stumbled across this one...
I'm located up in the East coast of Canada so finding anybody nearby with parts or kits are pretty seldom.

I have a full LA kit on my '03 TJR.
I've purchased a few replacement bushings and such from All J, really glad they are keeping some parts alive and accessible!

Have a few random questions:
- What is everyone running for caster and pinion angle front and rear?
- Has anybody had issues with their rear slider cracking at where it mounts to the axle tube?
- Has anybody found the correct axle side track bar replacement bushing that fits in the Nth track bar? I have been struggling to find one that fits. Don't really want to buy an aftermarket track bar as this one did work great for me (just had a loose bushing).
- Anybody have a rear stretch kit? Might be something I'd like to go to in the future....
- How far can you stretch your WB with a non-stretched Nth LA kit?

- Has anybody found the correct axle side track bar replacement bushing that fits in the Nth track bar? I have been struggling to find one that fits. Don't really want to buy an aftermarket track bar as this one did work great for me (just had a loose bushing).

If you are talking about the forged front trackbar, it is actually just a stock WJ front trackbar.