On board air

mouth

TJ Enthusiast
I've been thinking of converting my factory AC compressor over to on board air. I didn't notic any threads of this in my search.
Has anyone done this and do you have a link or build thread? Thanks.

I was wheeling in Big Bear in Southern California last summer and we came across a guy who was broken down on the trail and he had done this. A/C compressor was powerful enough to run air tools! I have a Viair on board air system and it works ok. The small electric compressor takes about 8-10 min to fill my 2 gallon tank. Good for airing up tires but you have only enough air to remove a single lug nut with a impact then you have to let it fill back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've seen a few up close and like them, having a hard time ditching my ac, but OBA is way better on a trail rig.

I've seen a few up close and like them, having a hard time ditching my ac, but OBA is way better on a trail rig.
I'm too much of a pansy to remove my A/C. Where I live and wheel is gets to 115-120 in the summer. My friends all have CJ7s with no A/C and I enjoy rubbing in how comfortable it is in my jeep on the trail. I get the pissed off look on their face while a bead of sweat rolls down their forehead!

I'm too much of a pansy to remove my A/C. Where I live and wheel is gets to 115-120 in the summer. My friends all have CJ7s with no A/C and I enjoy rubbing in how comfortable it is in my jeep on the trail. I get the pissed off look on their face while a bead of sweat rolls down their forehead!

I use to get that same look when wheeling my JKU with the air on and TJ buddy's were giving me the finger.

Still undecided at this point about hacking it up.

Reactions: TheFrenchMan