"Pacing myself" build

With Blaine's generosity, I managed to win a BBK in a contest, so on went the 15" BBK. Not a moment too soon, cause I tow a couple different trailers(I'll go into that later), and the added braking power was a godsend.
54.jpg

Decided to replace the axle u-joints while I had everything apart.

Other than sorting out a driveline vibration after the re-gear, my Jeep's pretty much where I want it. Future plans are include an SYE/DCDS, and some tummy tuckage. Hopefully the SYE will cure the vibes. Oh yeah, went to a Metal Cloak skillz day and picked up my final set of CA's(double adjustable rear uppers).
11.jpg

Playing on their silly ramp...
7.jpg

20160702_140156.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris
Finding room for camping gear and the dogs has been a challenge, so it was time to find a solution. A jeep buddy of mine says " you need to build a jeep tub trailer". I said, "Maybe". So what does he do? He shows up at my work with his trailer full of two YJ tubs. Thanks Lowranger! Jeep tub trailer shenanigans shall begin. I'll call it "Project Frankentrailer"! I'll start a different thread for this build so stay tuned.
P1060308.JPG

P1060309.JPG

I've always liked the Jeep tub trailers. Pretty cool idea. Can't wait to see that build thread and see where this one goes as well. Nice looking Jeep.

Picked up a new front bumper and some LED cubes, so thought it would be a good time for a front/rear bumper refresh.
20160201_094129.jpg

I wired the factory pigtails to the LED's. Major lighting improvement over the stock fogs.
20160331_130928.jpg

I needed to fabricate some mount brackets for the LED's to fit the new bumper.
20160404_150838.jpg

20160306_114538.jpg

I since replaced the Warn winch mount for a smaller, fairlead mount. The Warn winch mount is up for sale.

Reactions: Chris
My rear bumper was beat up and the powder coating was looking like crap. I also wanted to clean up my trailer plug wiring and go with a RV style plug. Maybe add some small LED backup lights while I was at it.
20150826_155428.jpg

Stripped the powdercoat off and cut the hole for the RV plug.
20151005_141522.jpg

Amazon specials.
20151009_142642.jpg

SEM trim black to the rescue. My go to.
20151020_124018.jpg

I just wired up the LED's to the backup circuit.
20151020_124037.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589
You can see here the dog ramp strapped down to my home built basket. just makes it easier to get the ramp on and off rather than stowing it in the trailer.
1.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
So, turning the page, Frankentrailer was ready to go for a RTT.
20150504_115345.jpg

Plans were in the works to make a trip to Santa Cruz and Tempui's warehouse to look at RTT's, when my wife ran across a camp trailer she liked on CL. Needless to say, we ended up coming home with this...
20150509_173622.jpg

With the 33's and my 5speed and 3.73's, I felt like I was starting off in 2nd gear from stops, and 5th gear was pretty much useless, so it was time for a re-gear. Why didn't I stay with 31's, ugh! I went with 4.56's. I had a big trip to Moab planned, so I was under the gun to get the gears done. My boss helped me out. He has done several re-gears and had all the special tools and know how, so we got it done. I have pics, but they are on my work computer and I'm laid up at home after a minor knee surgery, so I'll post those later.

What backspacing are your new wheels? How close do your rear 33" tires come to the spring perch?

(I want 33x10.5's too, but just don't know if they'll rub if I get factory backspacing 4.5" wheels)