"Pacing myself" build

What backspacing are your new wheels? How close do your rear 33" tires come to the spring perch?

(I want 33x10.5's too, but just don't know if they'll rub if I get factory backspacing 4.5" wheels)

My wheels have 3.75" BS. They do not rub the spring perch, but I don't know by how much they clear. I'm also running Rubi flares, so a bit more clearance there.

My rear bumper was beat up and the powder coating was looking like crap. I also wanted to clean up my trailer plug wiring and go with a RV style plug. Maybe add some small LED backup lights while I was at it.
View attachment 11724
Stripped the powdercoat off and cut the hole for the RV plug.
View attachment 11725
Amazon specials.
View attachment 11726
SEM trim black to the rescue. My go to.
View attachment 11727
I just wired up the LED's to the backup circuit.
View attachment 11728

What color did you paint your bumper? It looks Satin?

Ah thank you! How much did it take to paint that bumper? One full can?

And, am I correct in that just the normal "SEM trim black" is a satin? I don't need to buy the "Satin SEM trim black" version?

Yes, SEM trim black is satin by nature. I think they make a gloss black version, but it is identified as so. If I remember correctly, it took one can for the bumper with 3 medium coats. Keep the coats light. It will run very easily. Seal whatever you are painting with primer first.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Once we got the Alite home, I took it to the shop and packed the wheel bearings. There was some adjustment available to lower the axle down 1" or so, so I did that to get the trailer to sit a little taller. Bumped the tire size a couple sizes bigger as well.
20150516_132609.jpg

We outfitted our camping gear and did a little dry run in our driveway to see if I had everything needed for a weekend camping trip.
20150523_155428.jpg

Took a trip to Pismo Beach with our Jeep crew. Alite was nice to have when the winds picked up.
20150619_195735.jpg

The little Alite was a lot of fun, but a bit cramped. We took it on several camping trips for a couple of years, then Grandbabies happened, so it was time to upgrade to something with a bit more room.

Reactions: Chris
Once we got the Alite home, I took it to the shop and packed the wheel bearings. There was some adjustment available to lower the axle down 1" or so, so I did that to get the trailer to sit a little taller. Bumped the tire size a couple sizes bigger as well.
View attachment 12026
We outfitted our camping gear and did a little dry run in our driveway to see if I had everything needed for a weekend camping trip.
View attachment 12027
Took a trip to Pismo Beach with our Jeep crew. Alite was nice to have when the winds picked up.
View attachment 12028
The little Alite was a lot of fun, but a bit cramped. We took it on several camping trips for a couple of years, then Grandbabies happened, so it was time to upgrade to something with a bit more room.
Those are great and tow great too. Actually a lot of room considering (for one or two people anyways!).

Reactions: bobthetj03
It was quite cozy for my wife and I. I actually miss it. Sold it for more than I paid for it, so glad to see someone else get to enjoy it.

The next upgrade was a big one. Evolution I suppose.
20160915_125118.jpg

2011, Thor chassis, V10. It was clean and fit our criteria, so we become a second home owner.

Took it on a maiden voyage to a local State Park at the coast for a shakedown. Straying off from my build thread a bit, but it is relevant.
20160923_173115.jpg

Next up was to figure out how to tow the Jeep with it. The search was on for a tow bar and related goodies.
20161102_182547.jpg

Found a deal on CL I couldn't pass on.
20161220_151333.jpg

Time to get the Jeep up to speed.
20161203_113431.jpg

Plug-n-play wiring for lights. Ready to be a toad.
20161217_140544.jpg

20161222_144248.jpg

This pretty much brings my build to current. I added some stabilizer jacks to the rear of the coach. Hoping to make several trips in the coming months to visit grandbabies, and take a few wheeling/camping trips as well. As far as the jeep build is concerned, I'm saving up for a SYE/DCDS. Hopefully, this will take care of my vibration problem I'm having.

View attachment 12026
View attachment 12027
View attachment 12028
Do they still make the Alite 400?

Reactions: Rob5589
In preparations for the SYE, I want to relocate my lower shock mounts. I'm considering these from Clayton Offroad.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTCXNFE/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I like that they will also beef up the lower control arm brackets a bit and not change shock travel, but will get them away from the coil buckets.

I'm glad you showed me this, I think I may get a set of them as well. Didn't know they existed until now!

Reactions: bobthetj03
I'm glad you showed me this, I think I may get a set of them as well. Didn't know they existed until now!

Are your shocks hitting now? Assuming you already have a DCDS and have jacked the pinion to match?