"Pacing myself" build

Hey bobtheTJ, wondering if you are using an auxiliary brake in your Jeep when you tow behind the motorhome? I'm going thru the process now hooking up our TJ to a Ford V10 chassis motorhome kinda like yours. I bought an invisibrake system ($$$ yikes) but wondered if you used anything.

You know......you would have a lot more room in your Jeep if you got a smaller dog. I'm sure Bella wouldn't mind if she had a smaller friend. :)

Cindy loves yellow labs, so when this one became available, my vote for a smaller cattle dog was promptly trumped.

Wasn't sure if you saw us yesterday morning on your way to work......then saw you wave. I wasn't driving a Jeep, so wasn't sure if you would notice us. :)

Hard to miss that big red beast towing a shiny new tractor!

Hey bobtheTJ, wondering if you are using an auxiliary brake in your Jeep when you tow behind the motorhome? I'm going thru the process now hooking up our TJ to a Ford V10 chassis motorhome kinda like yours. I bought an invisibrake system ($$$ yikes) but wondered if you used anything.

I use a Brake Buddy Advantage. It does an ok job of assist, but mostly just peace of mind and keeps me legal.

Cindy loves yellow labs, so when this one became available, my vote for a smaller cattle dog was promptly trumped.

Hard to miss that big red beast towing a shiny new tractor!

I use a Brake Buddy Advantage. It does an ok job of assist, but mostly just peace of mind and keeps me legal.
I took the backhoe off and put the mower on. Did get some work done before the rain hit.
IMG_20190514_151445260_HDR.jpg

Did some routine maintenance last week. Changed engine oil, t-case oil and dropped the skid so I could change out the input yoke. Well, that didn't work cause TW sent me the wrong yoke. Rotated the tires. That was a mistake. Now I have a shimmy. Had to balance the 2 tires, again. Still haven't taken the hard top off. This crazy ass weather!

Nope, can't get up there until next weekend. Supposed to be in the 90's all next week, so it'll dry up quick!

Reactions: Alex01
Did you get it off? Any change in the vibes at all?

Not yet. Took it to AC shop #3 yesterday to see if they could find the leak. I had him change out both port valves and inject dye into the system. He couldn't find any leaks and his machine couldn't either. I have AC now, so gonna run it till it blows warm again and take it back. I want to be as sure as I can the leak is the evaporator before ripping the dash out to replace it. Hard top will come off next week. In the mean time, I'm going to try one more thing I mentioned to you on the vibe front.

Reactions: psrivats
Not yet. Took it to AC shop #3 yesterday to see if they could find the leak. I had him change out both port valves and inject dye into the system. He couldn't find any leaks and his machine couldn't either. I have AC now, so gonna run it till it blows warm again and take it back. I want to be as sure as I can the leak is the evaporator before ripping the dash out to replace it. Hard top will come off next week. In the mean time, I'm going to try one more thing I mentioned to you on the vibe front.

Those AC leaks can be sometimes hard to find. I bought mine with a broken condenser and was one of the first things I replaced. Been good so far. Hope you get it fixed before the temps become too high.

Last edited: