"Pacing myself" build

Been putting it off, but finally hung the front drive shaft at lunch today and went for a spin. Guess what? No vibes up to 80 mph, cause I didn't want to go any faster than that. So now I start over. Front DS might have 10k on it. I did the front axle ujoints when I installed the BBK a few years ago. Unit bearings are original but don't show any sign of slop or noise. I'll reinspect the axle ujoints, drive shaft joints, unit bearings, and then I guess the t-case.

Been putting it off, but finally hung the front drive shaft at lunch today and went for a spin. Guess what? No vibes up to 80 mph, cause I didn't want to go any faster than that. So now I start over. Front DS might have 10k on it. I did the front axle ujoints when I installed the BBK a few years ago. Unit bearings are original but don't show any sign of slop or noise. I'll reinspect the axle ujoints, drive shaft joints, unit bearings, and then I guess the t-case.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078UA000/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Right axle ujoint has some slop to it, so I'll start there before diving head first into the hub kit rabbit hole.

Reactions: Alex01
1653089683734.png

Once you rebuild that joint and find out it was fine and you still need hubs! I’m saving you time and money brah!
Well, I already have a new Spicer axle joint waiting in the wings, so I'll spend the extra labor to change it out and then re-evaluate. There is extra complexity to the hub kit if I want to keep my BBK. Oh, and new wheels to take care of the backspacing issue, and spacers for the rear. See, rabbit hole brah!

Well, I already have a new Spicer axle joint waiting in the wings, so I'll spend the extra labor to change it out and then re-evaluate. There is extra complexity to the hub kit if I want to keep my BBK. Oh, and new wheels to take care of the backspacing issue, and spacers for the rear. See, rabbit hole brah!

Aren't our Jeeps always this?