Project 2001 TJ Sport—Trail Ready

Figured I should update my build as I’ve neglected to do so for a while.

Added Currie mini skids to the front axle, pretty easy job.

Abandoned the rack idea for now and came up with this for the shovel, axe and chainsaw. The “tool holder” has a 1/2” bolt that holds it on the receiver. Thus far it’s been really handy and easy to use.

1A23D08B-2983-4E83-A369-DEA5FA87D6BF.jpeg

7254C81B-CBF1-4162-8484-F6EA64421F20.jpeg

83E459A2-9BA0-4A2B-8ED5-FFE6268FA5E1.jpeg

99F17B82-EEA9-43BC-9F6C-EA0B78D1118E.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
After much debate I’ve decided to do a 231-241 swap.

Should be an interesting project as many obstacles may need overcome. The UCF ultra high clearance skid hopefully will allow enough room, I’ve received the new reverse 4WD switch, pigtail for the speedo change, the Savvy bracket and cable end and am just waiting for one flange-yoke now to start the process.

Figured I should update my build as I’ve neglected to do so for a while.

Added Currie mini skids to the front axle, pretty easy job.

Abandoned the rack idea for now and came up with this for the shovel, axe and chainsaw. The “tool holder” has a 1/2” bolt that holds it on the receiver. Thus far it’s been really handy and easy to use.

View attachment 294050

View attachment 294051

View attachment 294052

View attachment 294053

I like this a lot. Got a link to where you got it? Or is it home built?

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Antirock sold and SwayLOC installed…and a pain in the ass it was but it shouldn’t have been.

For anyone putting a SwayLOC on here is a tip. The bushings that go into the frame are a much softer version than the Antirock style. And when you get one side in the instructions tell you to then put the outer torsion bar/tube through and then install the other side bushing. Here is where the pain in the ass starts. The softer bushings make it hard for the torsion bar/tube to slide into it, however the softer bushings make it easier for the bushings to push OUT of the frame.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a couple of 38” furniture clamps and after you knock in bushing 1, clamp it THEN knock in bushing 2 with the outer torsion bar/tube. After that the job was simple and it’s a done deal.

I will have to say, the SwayLOC is packaged very nice…they could probably knock $100 off the price if they simply wrapped the product and shipped it though.

6E9414CB-52DD-4A52-AC7D-EF9B5B7A1BAD.jpeg

07458BDE-13FE-40B9-BA71-1A3FAA790C6F.jpeg

Reactions: DuncLJ
Antirock sold and SwayLOC installed…and a pain in the ass it was but it shouldn’t have been.

For anyone putting a SwayLOC on here is a tip. The bushings that go into the frame are a much softer version than the Antirock style. And when you get one side in the instructions tell you to then put the outer torsion bar/tube through and then install the other side bushing. Here is where the pain in the ass starts. The softer bushings make it hard for the torsion bar/tube to slide into it, however the softer bushings make it easier for the bushings to push OUT of the frame.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a couple of 38” furniture clamps and after you knock in bushing 1, clamp it THEN knock in bushing 2 with the outer torsion bar/tube. After that the job was simple and it’s a done deal.

I will have to say, the SwayLOC is packaged very nice…they could probably knock $100 off the price if they simply wrapped the product and shipped it though.

View attachment 294643

View attachment 294644
Very nice, I'm looking into installing a swayloc myself. I have the anti rock, but it is honestly a bit to squirrelly on the road at times. I'll remember these tips. 🍻

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Well, I’m going to echo the many others with the “I should have done this sooner” on the SwayLOC. Absolutely amazing how it transformed road driving for me, much much much more controlled. Very happy with this addition.