Project 2001 TJ Sport—Trail Ready

So I have a question I was not sure about from your original post did you leave the antirock sway bar kit on the front and if so how did you feel about the loss of stiffness on road

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
I can tell you from having gone to a stock sway bar to an Antirock, it's not that big of a difference on-road. There's a bit more body roll, but it's nothing crazy.

I can tell you from having gone to a stock sway bar to an Antirock, it's not that big of a difference on-road. There's a bit more body roll, but it's nothing crazy.
My front links broke and it will cost me 1/4 of the price of going to an antirock setup so I am thinking of just going for it but some people say it's the best upgrade they have done and others warn of on road stability I don't off road much yet but plan on doing some upgrades to be able to do so in the next year so this would be my first upgrade choice

My front links broke and it will cost me 1/4 of the price of going to an antirock setup so I am thinking of just going for it but some people say it's the best upgrade they have done and others warn of on road stability I don't off road much yet but plan on doing some upgrades to be able to do so in the next year so this would be my first upgrade choice

Search around the forum. You'll find 9 out of 10 people love the Antirock and will say it's one of the best things they have done (including myself). You'll find 1 out of every 10 says they couldn't handle the increased body roll. I think those numbers speak volumes :)

Search around the forum. You'll find 9 out of 10 people love the Antirock and will say it's one of the best things they have done (including myself). You'll find 1 out of every 10 says they couldn't handle the increased body roll. I think those numbers speak volumes :)
I have been looking on here and on some facebook groups trying to do my research just wanted to hear from someone that has one to confirm that is the right choice I have also been told to look at the terrafelx set up as well but haven't seen as much about it as the antirock

I have been looking on here and on some facebook groups trying to do my research just wanted to hear from someone that has one to confirm that is the right choice I have also been told to look at the terrafelx set up as well but haven't seen as much about it as the antirock

I've gone from the stock sway bar and disconnects on BOTH of my TJs to the Antirock, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. No regrets whatsoever.

Figured I should update the build as it’s been a while and lots of changes.

Scored some Walker Evans Beadlocks so pulled the TMIs and replaced them with some freshly powder coated Walkers. I may have gained 10HP and cut my braking a fair amount in rotational weight savings.

As NOBODY offers center caps for the Walkers I modified some standard center caps and not have low profile ones, pretty happy about that.

Rebuilt a donor 4.0 from a 2005 Rubicon, spare 32RH needed rebuilt but ended up finding a built one which should be here any day then I can do that transplant as the original motor and tranny are getting a bit tired.

Changed out the heater core and AC evaporator...that was a pain in the ass but well worth it for working AC again.

Summer heat surfaced an overheating issue, culprit was a fan clutch so that’s fixed.

Fought the garbage Moog ZJ steering swap, got pissed and just bit the bullet and went all Currie Currectlync and regret waisting my time thinking about the Moog...go Currie or Savvy and save your time and effort. Yes it’s more money but when yo look at the quality difference...worth it.

Built a heavily plagiarized idea of a rack for the cargo area. Thanks Fabtech.

Fixed annoying creak...skid plate is the cross member and amazing how it transfers sound to the front end

Built some limb risers, simple brackets and modified Yamaha watercraft steering cables for the actual lifters.

65616D2D-AD05-48F3-8B65-D504A5B0BF63.jpeg

FB1584BC-A593-4F72-9B76-D821D580D03B.jpeg

434E8769-45E2-4C4C-AF43-4F0D814638C4.jpeg

8D9BE7CB-9855-47E0-ADEE-C76217819ECD.jpeg

30F20D04-CF41-4AD3-8B4C-86F17C2D5B0A.jpeg

Last edited:
So I have a question I was not sure about from your original post did you leave the antirock sway bar kit on the front and if so how did you feel about the loss of stiffness on road
Sorry for the delay on this one. Didn’t even notice and must have missed the notification. The AntiRock can be adjusted if you want it stuffer or softer so that’s super nice. Mine is on the soft side but I’m fine with it and it doesn’t bother me at higher speeds.

Decided to test the Morryde after being severely annoyed at the constant clunking of my modified Smittybilt bumper-swing out tore carrier. Just pulled the swing out portion off with my fancy rack and installed the Morryde. WAY BETTER. Super nice to open the back gate without fighting the swing out and it’s quiet. Now to replace the rear bumper or cut off the post and latch parr’s from the Smittybilt. Took some notes from @jjvw and his mods to the stock tire carrier, scored one from @Wildman for my install (much appreciated) and modded it. Keeping the spare as close to the body as possible and then was able to use minimal spacers for the spares bump stops. Worth it. Next, I’m going to build a quick release lightweight rack system for it so I can carry my chainsaw, axe and shovel. Debating where to mount the Rotopax now that my original rack is gone. Here is the modified tire carrier if anyone wants to see how to do it to raise the spare if you are using a 35” or larger tire.
306CFBBE-9318-4521-A1FF-BA2EC2BF972F.jpeg

F6E57672-CC30-4D1A-BCD3-B8443CD89E0E.jpeg

25609DC2-06E1-44FE-A826-4FA161603ADF.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and jjvw
Decided to test the Morryde after being severely annoyed at the constant clunking of my modified Smittybilt bumper-swing out tore carrier. Just pulled the swing out portion off with my fancy rack and installed the Morryde. WAY BETTER. Super nice to open the back gate without fighting the swing out and it’s quiet. Now to replace the rear bumper or cut off the post and latch parr’s from the Smittybilt. Took some notes from @jjvw and his mods to the stock tire carrier, scored one from @Wildman for my install (much appreciated) and modded it. Keeping the spare as close to the body as possible and then was able to use minimal spacers for the spares bump stops. Worth it. Next, I’m going to build a quick release lightweight rack system for it so I can carry my chainsaw, axe and shovel. Debating where to mount the Rotopax now that my original rack is gone. Here is the modified tire carrier if anyone wants to see how to do it to raise the spare if you are using a 35” or larger tire. View attachment 210673

View attachment 210674

View attachment 210675

This is what I should have done when I still had my MORryde tire carrier.

After dinking around and procrastinating doing the 4.10-4.56 gear swap finally buttoned that up this last weekend with the help from @Cross-Threaded-06TJ which was appreciated. Good dude Charles is taking the time to drive on crappy snowy roads and work in a chilly shop to get the job done. Looking forward to the increased power again once the gears are broken in.
37F435B0-DAA9-4D34-9B67-B3C4E9CEE680.jpeg

Glad I could help out and that carrier looks great. Did you see my chainsaw carrier? I'm sure there might be a way to adapt it to work for you. And here in the PNW it's pretty much a required item to carry. I got rid of my swingout tire carrier also so I've got to come up with a new system.

IMGP1823.jpg

IMGP1824.jpg

IMGP1825.jpg

IMGP1833.jpg

IMGP1832.jpg

I'm sure there is a way to use this type of mount adapt it to a rack or some where else.

Glad I could help out and that carrier looks great. Did you see my chainsaw carrier? I'm sure there might be a way to adapt it to work for you. And here in the PNW it's pretty much a required item to carry. I got rid of my swingout tire carrier also so I've got to come up with a new system.

View attachment 210678

View attachment 210679

View attachment 210680

View attachment 210681

View attachment 210682

I'm sure there is a way to use this type of mount adapt it to a rack or some where else.
Nice! As soon as I have the prototype rack done I think you’ll dig it. It has a similar idea for the chainsaw carrier but integrated in the the quick remove rack.

Reactions: Wildman
Nice! As soon as I have the prototype rack done I think you’ll dig it. It has a similar idea for the chainsaw carrier but integrated in the the quick remove rack.

I'll be looking since I got rid of my rear bumper/tire carrier. I'm not sure yet what I am going to do for a spare but I have larger tires and steel rims so the MORryde will work for me.

Full cooling system flush with Thermocure, a fresh radiator, Stant cap and thermostat. Amazing the gunk the block holds so make sure if you flush the system you pull the block plug. Even though it’s a nightmare to reach. Haha.

Reactions: TWiG01
Full cooling system flush with Thermocure, a fresh radiator, Stant cap and thermostat. Amazing the gunk the block holds so make sure if you flush the system you pull the block plug. Even though it’s a nightmare to reach. Haha.
I think a cooling system flush is in my future once the weather breaks. How are the new brakes performing?