Rear Spring Relocation Without Adding Height?

Based solely on the pictures, the bumps are too long by about 5/8" or however much shaft is still exposed.

Reactions: starkey480
I don't have the shocks in tight on top. I'll do that.
Edit: now I have a full inch of shaft showing and 15.5" length.
Lower bump is 3". I have a box of hockey pucks 1", so maybe 2 of those or cut this down?

Last edited:
Better. 2 pucks. And that is full compression.
Thanks for the walk through.

PXL_20211124_205245399.jpg

So less bump, more uptravel and use the snot out of the jounce?
This 3.5" I took out is pretty hard.
Or just 1 puck.
The jounce won't compress it's full 1" I suppose. And there's clearance to the fender.

Driver side yet to do so will see what the trackbar and diff cover do.

So less bump, more uptravel and use the snot out of the jounce?
This 3.5" I took out is pretty hard.
Or just 1 puck.
The jounce won't compress it's full 1" I suppose. And there's clearance to the fender.

Driver side yet to do so will see what the trackbar and diff cover do.
Use the full shock. Let the shock be the limit to travel. The factory yellow jounces will compress into the cup.

I've never been a fan of hockey pucks.

That's a fat diff cover.

Were the prior few pics at full bump or full flex?
They were all passenger side, full bump. I have the axle resting on 3 ton stands until I lift it with the jack, so I guess the opposite side is still resting on the jack stand. I didn't really check that.
These 2 most recent pics are driver side.

Tell me to do it over..LOL!

Reactions: jjvw
It can definitely be that simple.

View attachment 292377
I have the OEM covers on order and 2 Rock Hard "Hard Hats" on order. 🤞
Getting rid of 2 massive G2 covers.
I wouldn't be surprised if the POs lift installer added the ACOS et al to clear the diff.. Only need 4" and 1.25 for 35s but you need 2.5" more to clear the G2!

I hear there can be some interference in the rear as well but haven't been back there yet. I do know there's a TB or swaybar relo bracket back there.

Full droop driver side. With AntiRock 5-1/2 ish, w/o 7.5 ish.
Passenger side bump distances look equal to earlier measurements.

PXL_20211124_224405622.jpg

PXL_20211124_224202795.jpg

PXL_20211124_224016619.MP.jpg

@NOTNSUV .. keep at it and you are heading in the right direction.
Well, if my measurements above are correct and I used the right procedure then I'd guess I'm at the point of deciding whether to reduce bump to 1" or be ok with 2" and which length shock to select.
I'm surmising the 5100 are pretty close to what I need but unclear on when longer or shorter are needed. My mind's eye is blurry.

Probably need to get the springs back in to confirm ride height also and see where the front sits without the ACOS.

Bilstein 5100 (current)
14.25" compressed
24.25 extended.
15.25" as pictured.

SJ BM B8525
14.52 compressed
24.3 extended

A buddy has a Dana 44 diff cover from his JK that I can borrow for a test fit. And I'll try diff cover alone for clearance before I dump $400+ on a new trackbar. I ordered covers today but read here now that they're on back-order. There was nothing to indicate that from the vendor. Guess I'd better call.

Last edited: