Rivet Nut Gun Setting Tool

I say the same about those who use side cutters on cable ties with respect to a cable tie tool/gun.
I have a nice cable tie gun. It is too awkward under the hood and most places we use cable ties. We use very sharp small flush cutters to stop the razor blades.

This is a copy of my go to tool. If they got 1/10th of the performance in the copy, it would be worth owning at that price. The two things that will kill it quickly are the mandrels not being tough enough and the handles collapsing. I've set 1000's of nutserts with my NCG but if this one will set a couple hundred without dying, it would be better than the short handle one and cheaper than the Marson.
I also have the Marson. It is okay, prefer the NCG.

Key is not tipping the tool over sideways when you are setting a nutsert. That breaks the mandrels.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1XM9MZ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I bought this tool, thank you for the link. @BuildBreakRepeat and I used it yesterday. It worked well setting m5 nutserts for fender flares.

I bought this tool, thank you for the link. @BuildBreakRepeat and I used it yesterday. It worked well setting m5 nutserts for fender flares.
We have yet to try it on larger nutserts - but dialing in the force on the small m5s was easy - not as high quality as your favorite - but it worked very well as @zebra12 said.

847B2240-258B-4C93-960F-3E25C56AF084.jpeg

The same thing I bought last week but you are right, the links you’ve posted are a bit expensive. I bought it from Albany County Fasteners. You also must buy it from here. The quality and price are great here.

The same thing I bought last week but you are right, the links you’ve posted are a bit expensive. I bought it from Albany County Fasteners. You also must buy it from here. The quality and price are great here.
Do they have a website or did you actually go there? Tim

It’s amazing how many uses I found for rivnuts once I got the hang of installing them. I find the install method is often dictated by space constraints. Sometimes you are limited to using wrenches and washers, other times you can get one of the bolt cutter style tools in there, but when space is not a concern, I love my Astro tool.

Once you get a feel for the clutch on your drill you can bang out rivnut installs in nothing flat.

9B43FF9E-6797-4E36-8589-C6D5FDE6C35B.jpeg

26190D74-27F6-49FB-A5DA-B905DAFE1333.jpeg

Reactions: zebra12