Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards Guide

I hope it doesnt take away from the slider conversation but if someone really wants to protect their body mounts...they might want to check out PSC’s weld on body mounts that replace the factory mounts.

Not only are the PSC weld on mounts better at obviously protecting the body mounts, they also allow you to weld the mounts a little stronger, you can also weld them up to 1 inch higher than factory giving you a 1 inch body lift utilizing the factory puck.

To me, this really compliments a slider install and builds a lot more confidence in your rig in the rocks.

$260

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=14-51-030

720ACEB5-2C25-4385-B139-CF603CA9910F.jpeg
53E3F40E-7AFB-4B34-B65D-0A0689C6D2EA.jpeg
5C9B5B14-B20E-4F48-9E3F-F8D181A4503A.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and derekmac
That is killer, but... If you don't own that level of welding skill, I wouldn't be shocked at a $800 price tag for labor. Still hoping someone will weigh in on my question. The TNT slider is the best based on amount of protection?

I hope it doesnt take away from the slider conversation but if someone really wants to protect their body mounts...they might want to check out PSC’s weld on body mounts that replace the factory mounts.

Not only are the PSC weld on mounts better at obviously protecting the body mounts, they also allow you to weld the mounts a little stronger, you can also weld them up to 1 inch higher than factory giving you a 1 inch body lift utilizing the factory puck.

To me, this really compliments a slider install and builds a lot more confidence in your rig in the rocks.

$260

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=14-51-030

View attachment 58680 View attachment 58681 View attachment 58682

GenRight also makes a hidden body mount kit for quite a bit less, but less armored. Another option is to reuse the factory mounts. Just getting them up and out of the way is valuable.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Looking at the Shrock
upload_2018-10-12_10-34-45.png

and the TNT

upload_2018-10-12_10-35-19.png

It looks like the TNT is superior both for covering the body mount and having the multiple angle corner.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Looking at the Shrock
View attachment 58695

and the TNT

View attachment 58696

It looks like the TNT is superior both for covering the body mount and having the multiple angle corner.
It also looks like the TnT occupies a lot of space that most others don't. If you are in a place there dragging the body mounts is a real concern, I would argue that a less bulky slider with raised mounts is the way to go.

GenRight also makes a hidden body mount kit for quite a bit less, but less armored. Another option is to reuse the factory mounts. Just getting them up and out of the way is valuable.
I knew some more companies competed in this part but for the life of me I couldn't think of the different brands that offered the modified body mounts. Thanks for the info, GenRight builds some great parts as well.

I really appreciate you guys helping me think through this. My problem is I don't have any experience with what kind of trails I hope to run. I live pretty close to Corral Canyon. Some of those trails look to be beyond what I hope to set my Jeep up for. I'm working under the assumption some kind of sliders are a good move. That area of the Jeep is vulnerable and needs some protection.
Am I at least starting in the right thinking?

After studying this, it looks like the TNT slider is the only one that protects the tub mounts. Would this make them the hands down best? I know they're expensive. Since I don't know what trails I want to run, it's hard not to go big.
How do you mean they “protect the tub mounts?” The TNT appear to be a good slider. For me it was a toss up between them and the JCR Crusaders. The TNT’s do have a double bend, though it is difficult to see in their pics. I spoke with them several times about their slider and was convinced it was pretty good. The problem I had was I was going to need to add some tub reinforcements. They seem them for $89. I didn’t want to spend anymore. I also was not crazy about the TNT logo. TNT’s are not WW2WW, so that’s also a weakness.

I think the Savvy’s are the best.

I agree, GO BIG!

@DHunt, never mind my question about how do they “protect the tub mounts?” I see the pic now. I personally wouldn’t worry about the body mounts that much. If you’re going to hit them you’re going to hit your frame more than likely. I’ve hit my tub but never my body mounts. If Savvy didn’t design them to protect the body mounts, I don’t think I’d worry about it. If you are worried, do as above, get the PSC body mounts and have them welded on in place of the stock.

Reactions: KCsTJ
“protect the tub mounts?” Looking at the picture of the Shrock slider, you can see the entire body mount. Looking at the TNT, you can't even see the bushings. TNT doesn't feature a good side picture, so I can't tell that it's not WW2WW. Do they require their fenders to make it so?

“protect the tub mounts?” Looking at the picture of the Shrock slider, you can see the entire body mount. Looking at the TNT, you can't even see the bushings. TNT doesn't feature a good side picture, so I can't tell that it's not WW2WW. Do they require their fenders to make it so?
They’re not WW2WW. I know they work with their fenders, but you’d have to call to get more fitment answers.

Checking out your recommendation of Savvy. What's the deal with these manufacturers and their crappy photos on their websites. I thought the TNT was bad, I can't even tell for sure there's a slider on the TJ they show for their slider. Maybe I'll find a decent picture somewhere else. Maybe not.
You do agree though, that a slider is a good choice for a earlier in the build add, rather than after other mods? Always seems to me like defense is a good place to start.

@DHunt, I’m wondering where you are in your build? What mods have you done?

Checking out your recommendation of Savvy. What's the deal with these manufacturers and their crappy photos on their websites. I thought the TNT was bad, I can't even tell for sure there's a slider on the TJ they show for their slider. Maybe I'll find a decent picture somewhere else. Maybe not.
You do agree though, that a slider is a good choice for a earlier in the build add, rather than after other mods? Always seems to me like defense is a good place to start.
Does @tomtaylz still have his Savvy’s for sale?

Yeah, I thought about that when I was writing my last response. 2" suspension lift, disconnects, 31" tires. 03 Sport with Dana 44. EAG bumpers both ends. Some lights. I want to do some off roading, not competition nasty, just some fun stuff. I like bolt on stuff I can do myself.​

Yeah, I thought about that when I was writing my last response. 2" suspension lift, disconnects, 31" tires. 03 Sport with Dana 44. EAG bumpers both ends. Some lights. I want to do some off roading, not competition nasty, just some fun stuff. I like bolt on stuff I can do myself.​
You’re a lot like me. I’m unlikely to do it if I can’t DIMyself. Your path is much like mine too.

Now WOULD be a good time to add Rock Sliders. Your clearance is limited at 2” and 31’s, so it’s smart to play some defense. I’ll post up a pic of a noob mistake I made when I was on 31’s in a minute. Wish I had under armor that day!

Doing some research for my YJ build when I get back from Dubai

Reading through some old notes and forgot all about those folks that want to go hardcore. Prob wont be alot interest on this forum. but still its interesting enough to share.

Intrested in shaving 4 inches off your TJ/LJ's waist? Want the ultimate slider that's sure gets you through anywhere? Dont be afraid to put her under the knife for this one. These boatside are angled at 45 degrees.

I would only want to add a small roll on the bottom corner/edge of these similar to the Warn sliders that are on the YJ posted above in this thread.

Daves Customs- $300
Dave's3.jpg
Dave's1.jpg
Dave's2.jpg
Dave's4.jpg
Dave's5.jpg
DCSPECIAL-TJ-3__65918.1485843496.1280.1280.jpg
DCSPECIAL-YJ-12__60211.1485843506.1280.1280.jpg
DCSPECIAL-YJ-13__08238.1485843507.1280.1280.jpg
TJYJFBS-3__22643.1485843489.1280.1280.jpg