Rock Sliders / Rocker Guards Guide

Doing some research for my YJ build when I get back from Dubai

Reading through some old notes and forgot all about those folks that want to go hardcore. Prob wont be alot interest on this forum. but still its interesting enough to share.

Intrested in shaving 4 inches off your TJ/LJ's waist? Want the ultimate slider that's sure gets you through anywhere? Dont be afraid to put her under the knife for this one. These boatside are angled at 45 degrees.

I would only want to add a small roll on the bottom corner/edge of these similar to the Warn sliders that are on the YJ posted above in this thread.

Daves Customs- $300
View attachment 65882View attachment 65880View attachment 65881View attachment 65883View attachment 65884View attachment 65885View attachment 65892View attachment 65893View attachment 65894
I very strongly considered boatsides last winter, after I found out my passenger side rocker was rotted away. I was too cheap to spring for the GenRights though so I just repaired the rocker. I kinda wish I had known about these...for 300 bucks I probably would have got the cutting wheels out!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Amazon / UPS fail of the day - the 2003+ Warn TJ Rock slider price was too cheap not to pull the trigger on -$215 arrived today, the price continued to drop as their stock deminished, they are back in stock for $299. First bad sign was the rocker edges sticking out of the ripped box, pulled them out and both edges were knicked pretty pad with burrs and the powder coating scraped off.

IMG_20181206_155543.jpg
IMG_20181206_155647.jpg
IMG_20181206_155730.jpg

Amazon was great to deal with, they are shipping me another set no charge and honoring the price I paid, just need to box these up and drop them off at the UPS store. I'm a little worried about the packaging by Warn, it is not built to ship sharply pointed steel well. Hopefully the second set is in better shape. I asked Amazon to add a note to provide extra packaging.

Willing to work through it, these are much stouter than the stock Rubicon rails and fit for my style of wheeling. Don't need a step since I'm pretty tall and my jeep is only on 33s. not too worried about the lack of coverage underneath either, will just need to wheel with it in mind. Also found out from Warn that these are made in OR. Price allows for other mods, I was pretty close to picking up a set of JCR crusaders on black Friday, these were significantly cheaper.

IMG_20181206_175823.jpg
IMG_20181206_175842.jpg
IMG_20181206_175924.jpg

Reactions: Serbonze and JMT
Reactions: MaloStapalo
Looking back I wish I would have gone with these. Or any other one that doesnt use the body mounts

This. I searched hard to find someone who wouldn't interfere with the savvy body lift. Downside, they have an 8 week lead time but honestly it was worth it. It uses backing plates to bolt to the tub, I do not believe it's going anywhere.
20181207_095727.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
Wow! I don’t know what up with Amazon but I went there last night and found the Warn 63002 rock sliders for $187.98. I bought them and now they are $298. Hopefully they are not returned ones that are damaged. It didn’t say they were so we’ll see.

Reactions: derekmac
Sliders came today. Slight burr on one corner similar to IPerkWVU but not as bad. I hand filed it down since it was on the side that goes toward the Jeep and I will touch it up just to prevent rust. Otherwise perfect condition. I’m looking forward to install along with my Warn rock crawler bumper that also arrived today. Very happy with that too.

Reactions: derekmac
Sliders came today. Slight burr on one corner similar to IPerkWVU but not as bad. I hand filed it down since it was on the side that goes toward the Jeep and I will touch it up just to prevent rust. Otherwise perfect condition. I’m looking forward to install along with my Warn rock crawler bumper that also arrived today. Very happy with that too.
Mine come tomorrow but I thought about doing that as well the first time. Figured I'd give Amazon a 2nd chance. Will likely do some small clean up if mine are banged up a second time...

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Received mine yesterday in good shape, cardboard was intact in all the packaging and coating looks good. Will get some pictures once installed, may be awhile with the weather.
Got them installed and sealed along the top in inside the W. Actually I left the W open to the paint color. The picture was me trying with some vinyl color behind the W

26BC5E09-0FA4-42E5-BAB4-42A3DA0F2237.jpeg

I am a bit biased. But got to say, Warn sliders are perfect and fitting on TJ’s/LJ’s. Looks great!
I like them to. I like the minimalist design. Also since my Jeep is my DD I didn’t want a bar sticking out to catch and dirty my pant leg when getting in and out. I know others will say that there is not as much protection or area for weight disbursement compared to something like a shrockworks slider which is what my daughter has on hers, and they are right. But I don’t plan on doing some hard core rock crawling so this should work just fine. Also save a couple hundred dollars to put towards the pending OME lift!

Great information guys!
With the new fenders im in need of new sliders. The bar on mine goes ww2ww and I don’t want the cut the flares. For me it’s better to have and not need so its between GR and Savvy.

GR mini boats requiring you to use a BFH or cut the bottom of the tub to fit has me apprehensive. So I’m leaning towards Savvy’s. Although I’m not crazy about drilling 40 more holes I understand why that what it takes. Well I don’t really understand but anyway.

@mrblaine or @Jerry Bransford did Savvy stop offering the SS slider? Would you care to share why? I went through 600+ post waiting to see the two step versions but never did. Regardless if they came into production or not I would like to see what you came up with if you wouldn’t mind. On the website it is called a “step slider” but as you’re aware time is not wasted on pictures. Is the original design still being sold or it one of the designs with a step?

Any chance you have the installation instructions you could email me? I would like to go though it this weekend if possible. Thanks