Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

Also, holy cow what a great upgrade better brakes are!

Thanks bud! Do you have a pic of where and how big you notched them?

I don’t, but notch them the size of those on the light housing and at an orientation that allows you to turn them to lock them into place upright. I just held up the housing to the hole and marked where to notch. Of course remember to paint the exposed metal to avoid rusting out your grille.

This is mostly a note for myself, but while getting tires rotated and balanced I asked about beadlocks and how they treat them at discount tire. The short is:

* Can rotate/balance/maintain
* Can break the rear bead
* Can’t mount or dismount tire from the wheel
* If I bring over an existing set of tires it’s 80/each to “adopt them” (which is silly since I bought these tires through them already), or $170/each to add the certificate (also silly since I did the certificate with the existing set).

That’s workable for me, so beadlocks can stay on the list for now. I may order one to make sure it works with my brakes, and add to it over the course of a few months.

Reactions: starkey480
This is mostly a note for myself, but while getting tires rotated and balanced I asked about beadlocks and how they treat them at discount tire. The short is:

* If I bring over an existing set of tires it’s 80/each to “adopt them” (which is silly since I bought these tires through them already), or $170/each to add the certificate (also silly since I did the certificate with the existing set).

That’s workable for me, so beadlocks can stay on the list for now. I may order one to make sure it works with my brakes, and add to it over the course of a few months.
Do you know what brand beadlock you are considering? Mine barely fit with the 16" brake. Trailready 3.5" backspace TJ bolt pattern.

I want more people to try the coyote internal beadlocks because those interest me

Do you know what brand beadlock you are considering? Mine barely fit with the 16" brake. Trailready 3.5" backspace TJ bolt pattern.

I’ve been thinking trail ready as well.

I want more people to try the coyote internal beadlocks because those interest me

They are interesting and no doubt a good product, I’m split on which direction I want to go. I honestly may not do bead locks since so far it’s not a regular enough occurrence to really matter, I’ve only dropped it in Moab and it was an easy enough fix.

Finally added a mounted HAM/GMRS radio, the base is mounted below my driver seat for now since it’s just a touch big for the driver kick panel.

24150615-4D26-4B7F-AFEE-8118ECD617C0.jpeg

Damn that looks really clean!! great work. do you just have the bracket coming though some slots in the trim?
This bracket is a magnet on the back of the head to a metal plate that is screwed into that trim piece. I ran the lead cable back through the trim where the rear view wire is and down the driver side trim.

Reactions: Vasq
well, welders are backordered a while. So this will just sit here. The electrician will be here Friday since I have no time to run the line :(

7D5EAAFF-3201-47A6-B27F-2E4C158CF46E.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Miller 211, I considered changing but wanted to just buy one.
love to have the 252 i think it is/was. they pop up around here now and then for about 1500$. but TBH i'd be happy with a hobart ironman for 1/2 the cost too.

any top end welder is gonna do what you need it really comes down to the gun they use (what you prefer) and the wire feed sys, the rest is just voltage.

minimum 10ft lead for working on a jeep or buy a dam good cart cause your gonna be draggin it around..

Reactions: rasband
Miller 211, I considered changing but wanted to just buy one.
I got the 211 last year. Its amazing. I originally ordered a Hobart 210 but it came busted from Amazon so I considered it a sign and drove over to the local airgas store. The Miller was a featherweight compared to the Hobart, easilyhalf the weight.

HF makes a great welding cart btw.