California Rubicon Trail Run

I still hate you guys.

When is this run scheduled? I’m traveling that way end of June, early August. It would be a serious detour. When?
September 16th-17th unless we break then 18th

If you make the extra long detour I'll buy you a pack of beer.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
WA state. Moving from TX
It’s not a detour if you plan on taking Interstate 40 west to SR395 north To 88 west then take 89 cutoff to 50 west turn right on Icehouse Road follow it up to Loon Lake turn off then turn right follow it across the dam and run the Con across to Lake Tahoe then you could get back on 89 north to 80 west to 5 north till you get to WA

It’s not a detour if you plan on taking Interstate 40 west to SR395 north To 88 west then take 89 cutoff to 50 west turn right on Icehouse Road follow it up to Loon Lake turn off then turn right follow it across the dam and run the Con across to Lake Tahoe then you could get back on 89 north to 80 west to 5 north till you get to WA
That would get me there except there’s a short stretch of 89 west off of SR395 before 88 west, then to 89 west again before 50. 😉

That would get me there except there’s a short stretch of 89 west off of SR395 before 88 west, then to 89 west again before 50. 😉
Yeah that takes you through Monitor Pass, although scenic it’s a pain when you get stuck behind slow traffic steep climbs and winding road gets up to about 9000’. Oh and your last gas stop will be at Silver Fork on your way to Icehouse Road

Reactions: JMT
Well just looking at the Crystal Range from my house, it looks like the July Jeep Jamboree trips are going to have a bit of mud still.

E1FE263C-8792-403B-A212-6B3C081A1F7B.jpeg

It’s been 30 years since the rivers were running as high as they are. Should have a great time in September when we go, It’ll be here before you know it. :)