California Rubicon Trail Run

A little less than three months till the Rubicon trip and I’m planning a few upgrades to my original build. My Jeep only had a few tank fulls of gas before I lifted it 4.5” and put 35’s on it. Back then there were very few lift choices available for the TJ, Rubicon Express being one of the better ones (hey don’t laugh those same guys are MetalCloak now) it served me well and I’m sure there were better riding suspensions I could have switched to long ago but I didn’t cause “if it ain’t broke, why fix it?” I had been looking at the MC double adjustable aluminum CA’s for awhile and I pulled the trigger on them last week, I’ll pick them up Friday from the Cloakworks on my way home. Sometime between now and the trip I will change them out, I just have that kitchen and den remodel to do at the same time.
I was checking out @Alex01’s thread and I was wondering who else has mods planned before the trip and what are they?

I'm going to get MC's diff covers and Fab up some sort of oil pan skid. Going to check/replace all the u-joints. That's about it.
I’ve seen that picture of the pan on your old motor, yikes. I should freshen up my front DS too before then.

I have a lot going on with the Jeep right now but also off for 6 to 8 weeks after surgery on my hand today so tomorrow I’ll start with my heavy duty air lines for the arbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrDmoney
I'll probably be ordering Savvy under armor within the next week or two. Need to fix my front ARB locker air leak. I also picked some Impact Orange front fenders this past weekend from guy up in your neck the woods @DrDmoney. Ditching the MCE fenders and going back to factory fenders.

I added MC's oil pan skid, and will likely burn in some lower ca skids during Alex's shock shenanigans. Need to also purchase some camping accessories. It's been a while since i've tent camped.
Yeah I’m kinda working on the tent thing too but I have a new stove we bought for the other Jeep for a trip that was pushed back I also got 2 freebie Yeti 65 qt coolers from my Hilti rep.

Reactions: lowranger
In Placerville, off of Mother Lode Dr.

They're in great shape. Some rock chips in the paint, but they're straight and no dents. I bought some new Rubicon flares.
Cool I’m not real fond of the aftermarket stuff on stock fenders, yeah mother lode is close to my house

I added MC's oil pan skid, and will likely burn in some lower ca skids during Alex's shock shenanigans. Need to also purchase some camping accessories. It's been a while since i've tent camped.
I'm a little concerned with you tent camping with Indy and his Scotch. I've seen in person what can happen... It's not pretty.

Yeah I’m kinda working on the tent thing too but I have a new stove we bought for the other Jeep for a trip that was pushed back I also got 2 freebie Yeti 65 qt coolers from my Hilti rep.
@DrDmoney, have you ever added a little Rock salt (ice cream salt) in your Yeti cooler? It will make it super cold, if too much, will even freeze some of your stuff in your cooler. We have 3 Yetis and go on extended trips in August and September. My wife always adds a little rock salt to them.