California Rubicon Trail Run

;)
I’m still bringing jerky little fella
phew-thank-goodness.jpg

I know this is a little off topic, I saw this 4wd Miata in Moab in April of last year and I shot a picture of it.

EF199DC6-ACA8-403A-9104-67CADC04AACD.jpeg
990E9EBF-5A36-472D-89DC-28DBE37ABDFA.jpeg

I'm driving down Main Street in Placerville and I see the same Miata, CA plates, go figure. I end up next to him at the light getting on highway 50 (not by accident) so I strike up a conversation with him, turns out it was him in Moab. He tells me it’s got Zukl running gear under it and he’s just completed a white one. I ask him where he’s from, thinking he’s just here for the local wheeling, turns out he lives just a few miles from me in Shingle Springs.

3822E385-75DE-4E0D-B796-D244FA2A5203.jpeg
235686B0-3F1F-4828-BF6A-1EEF8CA8AF5D.jpeg
6A231E6D-1EBC-4961-B2E8-6D4F08E502FD.jpeg

What a small world.

4 weeks to go!!!

The only thing left on my wishlist beforehand is to pick up a rear adjustable track bar. (if I win the lottery may be a synthetic rope)

What projects do you guys have left?

Reactions: tomtaylz
I still have to get stronger diff covers (front and rear), high clearance front track bar and fab up an oil pan (engine and tranny) skid plate.

Reactions: Alex01
I’m working through losing some droop on that spring swap, I have a quick solution but expensive.

I’m working through losing some droop on that spring swap, I have a quick solution but expensive.
As in you lost droop or you want to limit it? I'm trying to wrap my head around how you lost any with a longer free length spring.

As in you lost droop or you want to limit it? I'm trying to wrap my head around how you lost any with a longer free length spring.
10.1” shock had 5-3/4” up before and 4-1/4” down. I still have the same overall stroke I just can’t use all the available droop.

this is probably a good time to poll everyone that's going as a group.

How many days are you planning for this trail to take?

starting the trail on the 16th of September.

Hate to say this but won’t be able to make it due to insufficient funds/ My rig is not ready.I just started my semester and signed up for to many classes now I have a shit ton of work in the next couple of months.
Sorry to hear. Anyways good luck with the current semester.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
Hate to say this but won’t be able to make it due to insufficient funds/ My rig is not ready.I just started my semester and signed up for to many classes now I have a shit ton of work in the next couple of months.
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
this is probably a good time to poll everyone that's going as a group.

How many days are you planning for this trail to take?

starting the trail on the 16th of September.
I'll be there. Planning on it being the 16-17 but will be prepared for it going to the 18th if the vote goes that way.

I'll likely be bringing 11-year-old stepdaughter since she has expressed interest.

We will be aiming to be at loon lake around 730.

Last edited: