Salvage LJ Build

More cage updates. V3 is 100% awesome. Cannot thank them enough

IMG_33851.jpg
IMG_33821.jpg
IMG_33801.jpg
IMG_33791.jpg

Reactions: BillyClayMyers
V3 Jeeps in Louisville, KY is the company and Michael is the fabricator. Christian is the man to talk to at 502-445-5816. The estimate was around $3000.00 but each one is unique and so costs vary based on your wants. I figured it was worth it to have what I wanted and not what genright or poison Spyder had out of the box.

Don't get me wrong I am using a ton of poison spyder stuff but wanted some uniqueness

I was looking for a place and nowhere in Nashville I called seemed interested so I found V3, called and they were interested, stopped by and confirmed and dropped the Jeep off.

I am a very happy customer and these guys didn't know me from Adam when I walked in but still treated me like I had a name.

V3 Jeeps in Louisville, KY is the company and Michael is the fabricator. Christian is the man to talk to at 502-445-5816. The estimate was around $3000.00 but each one is unique and so costs vary based on your wants. I figured it was worth it to have what I wanted and not what genright or poison Spyder had out of the box.

Don't get me wrong I am using a ton of poison spyder stuff but wanted some uniqueness

I was looking for a place and nowhere in Nashville I called seemed interested so I found V3, called and they were interested, stopped by and confirmed and dropped the Jeep off.

I am a very happy customer and these guys didn't know me from Adam when I walked in but still treated me like I had a name.

I found that with a lot of shops in my area too people can’t event respond to a simple email. Glad it’s working out with them looks like they do great work.

Very nice! It turned out awesome, and $3000 or so was about what I was expecting.

I hear you about wanting something custom as oppose to something that was just out of the box.

Reactions: BillyClayMyers
Around the outside, I am using Poison Spyder armor. I originally ordered the LJ Crusher Corners, but measured and did the math, and they were not big enough to stuff a 37" tire into. Also, they had cutouts for the stock tailgate hinges that I will not be using. I know they make plates to cover that, but I would rather it be smooth.

I reached out to Poison Spyder and it turns out that for $150.00 more you can get the corners customized. I am getting them with the 40" Daddy Long Legs opening in the stock position as well as had them raise the flare up to match the XC front fenders along with deleting the tailgate hinge cutouts.

for $150 extra plus shipping it is well worth it to get them the way I want them, and not try and cut them myself after the fact.

This is a picture of what a Daddy Long Legs looks like overlaid on what I am getting (Daddy Long Legs is the Grey Outline)
image004.png

These are 3D Renders of the driver corner.
image006 (2).png

image005 (2).png

For an update, I saw the cage in person and it looks awesome. V3 is also cutting the hood for the highlines and the Poison Spyder louver. Hopefully I will be getting it back next week sometime, but doing custom right takes time, so I appreciate them taking the time to make it right.

V3 Also ordered OME Coil Springs and replacement rubber and metal body mount parts that I will replace when I put in the 1" body lift from Rokmen. I want to make sure that it is all riding on good mount points.

Advance Adapters called, and the atlas is going into production ahead of their 6-7 week estimate. Ended up being 3.5 weeks from getting in line to build start. They estimate it to ship in 7-10 days, so end of this coming week will be the approximate time frame.

Dynatrac should be about 8 weeks out from 8/31 so end of October for shipping those.

Looking to pull the transmission and transfer case once I have it back and put some DEI heat shield in the tunnel after cutting the spot for the planetary shifter on the atlas.

I also have a new Double Din Head unit, speakers, amp and associated wiring to go in, along with a 10" sub in an SSVWorks enclosure in the factory sub location.

Pictures of all these processes will follow once I get started. Looking forward to getting it together.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Well haven't updated in a while. Have had the Jeep back for a little bit and have been in teardown mode. Pulled transfer case, transmission, driveshafts, basically everything under the Jeep.

Atlas arrives tomorrow. Still waiting on the axles to be finished and ship, but cleaning up the underside and adding some heat shield while I am under it.

Also doing the rear main seal and replacing the oil pan as it is rusting.

Installed the 1" body lift as well and drilled the holes for the armor I have. Waiting on Poison Spyder for the rear armor.

IMG_20181007_100218.jpg
IMG_20181007_100209.jpg
IMG_20181007_101237.jpg
IMG_20181007_100443.jpg
IMG_20181007_100426.jpg

Reactions: Shane Mckinley