Savvy gas tank skid backorder

I wonder if the vertical sides need that grade of aluminum? How much stronger or weaker do you think it would be? Genuinely asking out of curiosity.

With all this savvy out stock stuff popping up lately I am worried there out of stock items maybe out for a while or permanently. So looking for the next best thing.

I was really hoping to pick up their belly skid but it's been oos for a long time with no backorder option.
Good question. All I know is that there are differences in where Savvy placed the bends and welds where I can see increased strength. Specifically the leading and trailing radiis. How much it matters for most, I can't say. I also wonder if the steel portions of the Savvy are more important than simply a means to create a height adjustability. Especially since neither option uses the little third leg on the front right side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Good question. All I know is that there are differences in where Savvy placed the bends and welds where I can see increased strength. Specifically the leading and trailing radiis. How much it matters for most, I can't say. I also wonder if the steel portions of the Savvy are more important than simply a means to create a height adjustability. Especially since neither option uses the little third leg on the front right side.
Yeah I was wondering if the steel had another importance other than height adjustment too.

savvy-potc.gif

I've not read all of it but a knowledgeable little bird let me know not long ago that the skids are in production with a purchase order to fulfill. That means they are on the way.
This is promising news. Wonder if the same holds true for the rest of their products. I’ll be checking my email for notification.

I've not read all of it but a knowledgeable little bird let me know not long ago that the skids are in production with a purchase order to fulfill. That means they are on the way.
Did that bird say anything else about everything else they have?

e.g. shifter cable kits, aluminum ca's, body lifts, etc...

Reactions: Apparition
I know it’s a thread about gas tank skids, but I’m looking to ditch my steel body armor for aluminum to lighten up the Jeep. I’m thinking maybe go with Genright corner armor and mini boat side rockers but would rather get the Savvy armor.

I’m going to wait a little while as I still need to do the raised body mounts and a few other things before I tackle armor. I just know that getting rid of it is really going to help me shave some Lbs.
i'm in the process of doing this.. popped the rear corners off and the jeep went up about an inch lol. went with genright corners and mini boats. corners are on, mini boats will take a bit of time before my back heals up and i can test fit/cut. definitely a different feeling ride now, might have to add some weight in the back but will figure all that out when the whole thing is put back together.

I am unsure if I want to sell my Kilby gas tank skid anymore, seems like the aluminum is takings some time. My Kilby is new so I am torn between selling or installing