Savvy (nonexistent) customer service

That's interesting. Most of those stores in that list I always had good experiences with - although Walgreens, bLowes, and to a lesser extent, Homeless Despot have managed to annoy me on occasion.

Ulta is fantastic! I walk in, 5 beautiful, perfectly made up women all converge on me, I tell them what I need, and they lead me right to it! What's not to like?
I definitely agree with you on Walgreens. Absolutely F*ckin horrible. Especially if you are a senior citizen.

I am not suggesting you do own Savvy, let's face it you should know whether you do or not. But it isn't 100% unreasonable that some people think you do.

The DnB profile for Savvy Offroad lists you as the owner... https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...2ba65cabe2cfea2183244a4ef3c.html#company-info

And there is a LinkedIn profile for a Blaine Johnson that somebody has set up which lists that person as the owner of Savvy Offroad... https://www.linkedin.com/in/blaine-johnson-3240a314

So, like I say, not an unreasonable mistake for people to make.
I’ve seen that LinkedIn profile. If you didn’t know any better it definitely would make you believe Blaine was the owner or at least co-owner.

Alright,
Gerald got back to me within a couple of hours and has already been in contact with me, this morning. They are sending me the correct springs and a return label for the ones I received, originally. Thanks again to @Jerry Bransford for getting me contact info for Gerald, directly.

I'm not going to apologize for anything I've said; with that said, I could've handled it a bit better. I just don't understand why people who clearly had the ability to provide the information wouldn't do that from the beginning, instead of shit talking the person asking for the information. I wasn't coming here first to resolve a problem, this was a last resort and I was very clearly already frustrated with the situation and had done the research before coming here for help. I wasn't asking for someone here to fix my problem, personally, just help me get in contact with the company that had been ignoring me for 2 weeks, which has become a pandemic of its own-nobody wants to work, anymore.
I own 25 vehicles and I've been shipped the wrong parts (ordered by VIN from the manufacturer of the vehicle, no less) countless times in the last 2 years plus having a ton of stuff (mostly brake pads for commercial vehicles, of all things) on back order. So that definitely contributed to my frustration and lack of patience with this situation.
But, as several have said, ignoring your customer is not a way to run a business, no matter how good your products are. This is my first purchase from Savvy, so it isn't a good look for the business. I bought from them based on an excellent recommendation. Top of the line products. And that may be true. But I've yet to experience that, myself. If that does turn out to be the case, I agree- it could be worth dealing with some delays, just don't ignore a customer who has a problem. If the customer is wrong, tell them they're wrong and explain why they're wrong. Just telling people they're wrong doesn't work- it only pisses them off more.

And now that I've written this, the comment about a Blaine Johnson owning Savvy combined with the first reply coming from the admin... It's a very reasonable assumption that mrblaine owns Savvy, which is exactly why I went off on him about getting the correct parts after his first reply contributed nothing. If he doesn't, he doesn't. But then to act like he can do something about it (multiple pages in), doesn't help that situation, at all. It actually makes it seem like someone who could have helped on the second reply chose to just stir the pot. I'm sure you can understand the rage associated with that.

Anyway, thanks again, Jerry. I appreciate you. Gerald is getting me squared away so that I can (maybe) get her out in the mountains before the cold is unbearable.

That's interesting. Most of those stores in that list I always had good experiences with - although Walgreens, bLowes, and to a lesser extent, Homeless Despot have managed to annoy me on occasion.

Ulta is fantastic! I walk in, 5 beautiful, perfectly made up women all converge on me, I tell them what I need, and they lead me right to it! What's not to like?

No no no, you CAN'T have a good experience with these stores - they are the WORST - didn't you see?? You have to hate them now. You have to.

But it isn't 100% unreasonable that some people think you do.
Except for the at least 50 times it has been explained over the years. So there is that.
The DnB profile for Savvy Offroad lists you as the owner... https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...2ba65cabe2cfea2183244a4ef3c.html#company-info

And there is a LinkedIn profile for a Blaine Johnson that somebody has set up which lists that person as the owner of Savvy Offroad... https://www.linkedin.com/in/blaine-johnson-3240a314

So, like I say, not an unreasonable mistake for people to make.
Again, I am not the owner, never have been. I am the product designer who never once set foot in a Savvy owned building or shop to do any of the design work.

Alright,
Gerald got back to me within a couple of hours and has already been in contact with me, this morning. They are sending me the correct springs and a return label for the ones I received, originally. Thanks again to @Jerry Bransford for getting me contact info for Gerald, directly.

I'm not going to apologize for anything I've said; with that said, I could've handled it a bit better. I just don't understand why people who clearly had the ability to provide the information wouldn't do that from the beginning, instead of shit talking the person asking for the information. I wasn't coming here first to resolve a problem, this was a last resort and I was very clearly already frustrated with the situation and had done the research before coming here for help. I wasn't asking for someone here to fix my problem, personally, just help me get in contact with the company that had been ignoring me for 2 weeks, which has become a pandemic of its own-nobody wants to work, anymore.
I own 25 vehicles and I've been shipped the wrong parts (ordered by VIN from the manufacturer of the vehicle, no less) countless times in the last 2 years plus having a ton of stuff (mostly brake pads for commercial vehicles, of all things) on back order. So that definitely contributed to my frustration and lack of patience with this situation.
But, as several have said, ignoring your customer is not a way to run a business, no matter how good your products are. This is my first purchase from Savvy, so it isn't a good look for the business. I bought from them based on an excellent recommendation. Top of the line products. And that may be true. But I've yet to experience that, myself. If that does turn out to be the case, I agree- it could be worth dealing with some delays, just don't ignore a customer who has a problem. If the customer is wrong, tell them they're wrong and explain why they're wrong. Just telling people they're wrong doesn't work- it only pisses them off more.

And now that I've written this, the comment about a Blaine Johnson owning Savvy combined with the first reply coming from the admin... It's a very reasonable assumption that mrblaine owns Savvy, which is exactly why I went off on him about getting the correct parts after his first reply contributed nothing. If he doesn't, he doesn't. But then to act like he can do something about it (multiple pages in), doesn't help that situation, at all. It actually makes it seem like someone who could have helped on the second reply chose to just stir the pot. I'm sure you can understand the rage associated with that.

Anyway, thanks again, Jerry. I appreciate you. Gerald is getting me squared away so that I can (maybe) get her out in the mountains before the cold is unbearable.
Oh I could have done something but not after you doubled down on your douchebag bullshit.

My local Lowe's has far worse service/help availability than my local Home Depot. I can't find anyone in Lowe's who is a former tradesman who actually knows anything about the products in their section. In fact it's hard to find anyone in Lowes working in the aisles, it seems they're all only working the cash registers and returns.
Not sure about elsewhere but when I need help from a worker I find the apron color (orange vs red/blue) doesn't matter, they both seem to suck in general. I prefer Home Depot over Lowe's generally and will go to HD if they have what I need in stock, otherwise lots of times I resort to Lowe's as it seems that the less consumer traffic they have allows for a lot more items that I need to stay on the shelf. Seems like all the things I cant find at HD, I can usually find at Lowe's.

The good thing is I don't need help often, both stores have very good apps so I already know what aisle I'm headed to for pretty much everything and I know if they typically will have that item in stock before I get to the aisle. I only need an apron wearer for rare things like getting something cut.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I ordered the Savvy TC shifter cable this morning at 7:00 on Amazon. Just got a shipped notice.

I hope the customer service doesn't go downhill from here. :p
200.gif

Except for the at least 50 times it has been explained over the years. So there is that.

Again, I am not the owner, never have been. I am the product designer who never once set foot in a Savvy owned building or shop to do any of the design work.
All I pointed out is that if people look up who owns Savvy there is misinformation out there suggesting it is you. If somebody is not on this forum they will likely take that at face value. If it were me then I would be looking to get the misinformation corrected given some of the negativity about Savvy customer service, especially as I hear from many people on here that your approach to customer service is second to none. But no skin off my nose either way, I was just trying to explain why there may be confusion.

Reactions: Chris
All I pointed out is that if people look up who owns Savvy there is misinformation out there suggesting it is you. If somebody is not on this forum they will likely take that at face value. If it were me then I would be looking to get the misinformation corrected given some of the negativity about Savvy customer service, especially as I hear from many people on here that your approach to customer service is second to none. But no skin off my nose either way, I was just trying to explain why there may be confusion.
Lest we forget, had Chris not started this shit by incorrectly tagging me as the go-to-guy for Savvy customer service, none of this shit would have mattered. That and I have never once considered looking up who owns something as a way to deal with anything. It was only due to Chris's bullshit and my denial that sent anyone looking anywhere.

LinkedIn makes shadow profiles for "users" and populates them with often incorrect information they scrape from the interweb.

Reactions: mrblaine
LinkedIn makes shadow profiles for "users" and populates them with often incorrect information they scrape from the interweb.
I think someone sent me an invite about 15 years or more ago. I signed up to see what it was. I think I've been back about 5 times and have never updated anything. I don't know that I even have the log in info any longer. Being listed as owner of Savvy was pretty surprising but I wrote that off to someone fucking with me since I never put that in there. The only thing I ever would have put in that slot is designer.

I gave him a chance to walk it back.
So did I in my last PM reply to him when he messaged me to say Gerald was taking care of him. He didn't respond. Gerald told me earlier he had already talked with him and was waiting to receive a photograph of the incorrect product from him to finish taking care of the issue but never received it. Douchebag is how I have come to think of him too.