Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Some interesting details here

View attachment 535121

Assuming scanner with reverse engineering package? (Super common anymore, we are a relatively ā€œsmallā€ company and have this).

I can only imagine how easy it makes designing parts. So much so Iā€™ve contemplated inquiring what my cost would me to get a model generated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blake Stamper
Assuming scanner with reverse engineering package? (Super common anymore, we are a relatively ā€œsmallā€ company and have this).

I can only imagine how easy it makes designing parts. So much so Iā€™ve contemplated inquiring what my cost would me to get a model generated.

Yes the scan to model is super cool and Iā€™ve seen it used everywhere now. The details I was particularly pointing to and interested in is the the highline fenders that Iā€™ve never seen else where (assuming those might be new bc they look similar to a crawl tec but not exactly) that seem to be an exceptionally large radius so Iā€™m curious to how theyā€™re fitting the battery in it, rock sliders ( looks to be the the aluminum base of the original savvy design) and the rear bumper which I though they said were being redesigned but i cant see any difference from the original but im also not very familiar with the original.

Reactions: Blake Stamper
Yes the scan to model is super cool and Iā€™ve seen it used everywhere now. The details I was particularly pointing to and interested in is the the highline fenders that Iā€™ve never seen else where (assuming those might be new bc they look similar to a crawl tec but not exactly) that seem to be an exceptionally large radius so Iā€™m curious to how theyā€™re fitting the battery in it, rock sliders ( looks to be the the aluminum base of the original savvy design) and the rear bumper which I though they said were being redesigned but i cant see any difference from the original but im also not very familiar with the original.

They made a set a long time ago for one of their race Jeepsā€¦..

Reactions: The4bangertj
In addition

IMG_1729.png

Reactions: L J

It's funny they posted all of these last night. I had a dispute with 2 of them in the comments section of their last past on instagram with an LJ on a lift. Was pretty much about them denying that parts haven't been available 1.5 - 2 years and that the answer is always another month. And then the Savvy account went on to say that they never sold the company. I then proceeded to point out that they posted they were aquired by "The Offroad Group" which means they sold and then it went to crickets. At this point savvy is a joke, I'll be going with Flux for all my aluminum and bumper needs.

Savvy is going to turn into the next Smittybuilt as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
It's funny they posted all of these last night. I had a dispute with 2 of them in the comments section of their last past on instagram with an LJ on a lift. Was pretty much about them denying that parts haven't been available 1.5 - 2 years and that the answer is always another month.

I read those comments and despite them saying you are wrong, I don't think any of it was. They know about this forum and know there's alot of Savvy products on member's rigs. How hard would it have been for them just to get on here? They argued about all the misinformation out there, yet never came around to give us something we could chew on. Kinda strange if you ask me.

But I go back to an earlier post I made...us TJ/LJ dudes are a dying breed. Aftermarket stuff is definitely drying up and there's more JKs, JLs, JTs and Broncos on the road.

Ultimately though they are (or were) a builder for a niche group of people. I'd be interested in seeing how many TJs on the road actually have savvy parts.

People can be up in arms all they want, but how many corner armor packages does savvy sell in a year? Or bumpers? The demand is here at the forum for sure, but outside of this group, what's the demand really like?

Its already said multiple times; they need to make money, they're catering to the newer JLs and broncos unfortunately.

Ultimately though they are (or were) a builder for a niche group of people. I'd be interested in seeing how many TJs on the road actually have savvy parts.

People can be up in arms all they want, but how many corner armor packages does savvy sell in a year? Or bumpers? The demand is here at the forum for sure, but outside of this group, what's the demand really like?

Its already said multiple times; they need to make money, they're catering to the newer JLs and broncos unfortunately.

Im being cautiously optimistic, Iā€™m really hoping they donā€™t ruin it with this whole ā€œv2 designā€

Im being cautiously optimistic, Iā€™m really hoping they donā€™t ruin it with this whole ā€œv2 designā€

The few small changes that have been made from Blaine's original designs have always been for the worse. And the recent previews we have seen only show that whoever their current designer is does not have anything resembling his understanding of how to design products and utilize materials. This shift can be seen all the way back to the JK product line.

I read those comments and despite them saying you are wrong, I don't think any of it was. They know about this forum and know there's alot of Savvy products on member's rigs. How hard would it have been for them just to get on here? They argued about all the misinformation out there, yet never came around to give us something we could chew on. Kinda strange if you ask me.

But I go back to an earlier post I made...us TJ/LJ dudes are a dying breed. Aftermarket stuff is definitely drying up and there's more JKs, JLs, JTs and Broncos on the road.

Yeah, I loved that they stopped replying to me. After my last comments I figured they didnā€™t really have much of a comeback since it was true.

The more I read here and the more I use my Jeep I also appreciate more the savvy designs which seem they are all Blaineā€™s designs. I was invested in the return of tj savvy parts but have never been a fan of how the company was run and especially now with the possibility of redesigns Iā€™m even more excited to see flux continue that torch properly. My bumper should be here tomorrow and am on the list for the tailgate hinge and tire carrier and will definitely be ordering more as he grows.

I know, Iā€™m pretty sure I am going to eventually, Iā€™m the one that gave my spot to @FarFire70

I appreciate the spot and look forward to getting the bumper cleaned up this weekend. Pics of the bumper are in my build thread.

Couldn't wait for Savvy. 'Next month'....

Savvy engine skid a few months back came missing hardware... šŸ˜® I know, I know - big surprise.

I reached out to Gerald on email and he replied was at EJS and asked me to follow up again later. I followed up and never heard back...

Looking forward to supporting @Fluxor as he stands up a new USA small business. šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø