Savvy off-road sold? (the unofficial Savvy customer support and Savvy rant thread)

Do you add hard facing and use the stock diff cover?

I used whatever was in the MIG. If you have ever ground down welds, then you already know they are harder than the base material.

And I will be installing a pair of Barnett covers once the regear is done. So, yes. Stock covers.
20231215_150102.jpg

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Everyone here who has a big truss on their axle has it for decoration.

Ding Ding we have a winner
If anything the only truss im gonna do is upfront is from IRO since my hp30 has no brackets since i chopped em off when i was bored for a bit, Might go with either IRO or Savvy (if i decided to go with their kit one day) since their setups are quite simple

Ding Ding we have a winner
If anything the only truss im gonna do is upfront from IRO since my hp30 has no brackets since i chopped em off when i was bored since i was bored for a bit since that setup is quite simple or the Savvy truss if i decide on their kit!

Dig around @starkey480 's build thread and find his front short arm 3 link from a couple years ago. No truss needed. Only a bridge mount over the center section to build a control arm mount off of similar to the Savvy mid arm. Put 2.5" Johnny Joints on all three arms and you have a very good front axle.

Dig around @starkey480 's build thread and find his front short arm 3 link from a couple years ago. No truss needed. Only a bridge mount over the center section to build a control arm mount off of similar to the Savvy mid arm. Put 2.5" Johnny Joints on all three arms and you have a very good front axle.

10-4 Thank you for the info sir !

• Love
Reactions: starkey480 and RINC
Bummer, I was about to order bump stops, which the old site (3 days ago) said were in stock. What’s a good alternative for a 4” RJ lift?

Last edited:
Last edited:
has there been another change recently? until very recently, savyoffroad.com still showed product and gerald was still promising front bumpers "in 2 weeks" as soon as he taught the new shop how to bend and where to source aluminum.

today, savydezigns.com (or whatever) is vacant and savvyoffroad.com has switched to look like savydezigns did and shows no tj/lj bumpers :(

Damn, so much for me getting one of those 7 engine skids in stock. Knew I shouldn’t have waited long. Does anyone know if the UCF engine skid would interface with the Savvy TT?

has there been another change recently? until very recently, savyoffroad.com still showed product and gerald was still promising front bumpers "in 2 weeks" as soon as he taught the new shop how to bend and where to source aluminum.

today, savydezigns.com (or whatever) is vacant and savvyoffroad.com has switched to look like savydezigns did and shows no tj/lj bumpers :(

I know I bang on about the execution of this deal, but having spent years working in M&A I can't help but see what an utter mess somebody is making of this. I can only assume that the Savvy Designz website failed to get much traffic and so they have now abandoned it. I think those that grabbed what TJ parts they could from the old site when they were available did the smart thing. If there were parts available on the old site, such as control arms, why would you exclude them from the new site? The way it is being run currently I really can't see how the business will survive for very long in any meaningful form.

The way it is being run currently I really can't see how the business will survive for very long in any meaningful form.

But it's always been run poorly (well, at least for the ~3 years I've been in the TJ universe, anyway). What will doom it is replacing the well-designed parts with the same junk other vendors sell...

Got this email response while checking on a four month old backorder.
On the positive side, received the most recent order of front axle mid arm bracket,Currie mini skids and Johnny joint tool

View attachment 486585

I got the same from Michael’s email trying to snag one of those engine skids. Hopefully they’ll get loaded on the updated website.

Sunrise FL. Address, maybe some of our Florida brethren can swing by and see what's up?? Possibly get an update!!!!

Screenshot_20231230_103635_Chrome.jpg

Damn, so much for me getting one of those 7 engine skids in stock. Knew I shouldn’t have waited long. Does anyone know if the UCF engine skid would interface with the Savvy TT?

I really hope they arent out of production per say and they're just figuring out the website situation

I know I bang on about the execution of this deal, but having spent years working in M&A I can't help but see what an utter mess somebody is making of this. I can only assume that the Savvy Designz website failed to get much traffic and so they have now abandoned it. I think those that grabbed what TJ parts they could from the old site when they were available did the smart thing. If there were parts available on the old site, such as control arms, why would you exclude them from the new site? The way it is being run currently I really can't see how the business will survive for very long in any meaningful form.

If you want something from the old site, call or email them. They are fairly responsive.

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld