School me on fuel cells

that pic up there, post 89.............faget about it.

sometimes 1st ideas are lame and it takes some trial and error to fix the nonsense. anyway i really didn't have to offset the sending unit. this posed several issues with fitting in and out of the cell without disassembling it and lengthening the wires to connect it.
it finally dawned on my dumb ass, i don't need to offset it to fit the width ..............there is more than ample length. so i pulled off my jimmy rig bracket and just mounted the dam thing to the side of the can, instead. now it fits in through the dam pump ring and the wires reach as they did b4.

since the sending unit gizmo does snap into it's bracket, and the tabs protrude a bit it needed a standoff from the can. i cleaned up a couple poly slugs from the hole saw, left from drilling the roll over vents in the cell.
this should work betterer-er.

138117493_317319529599122_7369575692270579694_n.jpg

136810500_1065324593936218_4512027099216224623_n.jpg

update:
everything works.
cell takes fuel with no issues, running 2 roll over vent lines. the pump ring seems to have sealed to the poly tank well.
the stock pump does the job...........there was no reason for me to mess with the sending unit that was a mistake, when you can just spin the assy.
had a slight issue with fumes in the garage, so i reused the charcoal can on the end of the vents and it seems to have stopped the issue.
so far the pump is not obnoxious i can hear just a slight whine from it,

Reactions: Wildman and JMT