Arizona Sedona, Sept 26, 27, 30, Oct.1st.

Are there any plans, like where are people staying what days are we going to meet up? If I go, I am going to camp and tow my Jeep up probably. Who all is camping? CB's? what channel? I know there are a lot of questions, but I have never been to Sedona, other than passing through, so I have no idea where to stay, and how far away everything is. I would like to camp somewhat close to where we wheel if possible. Who's been there before?

Are there any plans, like where are people staying what days are we going to meet up? If I go, I am going to camp and tow my Jeep up probably. Who all is camping? CB's? what channel? I know there are a lot of questions, but I have never been to Sedona, other than passing through, so I have no idea where to stay, and how far away everything is. I would like to camp somewhat close to where we wheel if possible. Who's been there before?
I've run soldier pass, outlaw, diamondback gulch (greasy spoon), oak creek homestead (cliffhanger) and broken arrow. All of those are great trails but that's the extent of my experience.

I'd be staying at a hotel, not sure which. Looks like plumber1 will be there a few days. I'd most likely come up the 25th afternoon, possibly hit a trail or two depending on time, and wheel the 26th, maybe morning of the 27th if I take that day off.

Don't know the area that well, but did see some decent dispersed camping where you start outlaw, right off the 260 to the west. There was more dispersed camping across the 260 to the east just up the road where oak creek homestead starts, but the crowd there was 'interesting' (some living out of cars), so would avoid camping there.

Will know more after this weekend.

I will be arriving sometime in the afternoon of the 25th. Doing trails on the 26th would be great from what I have seen it looks like Broken Arrow is the only long one so I would be up to do that one. And if there is time Soldier Pass, Outlaw, Schnebly and the others look to be a couple of hours each. Otherwise a short morning run on the 27th or something on the Friday the 1st.

200.gif

I've run soldier pass, outlaw, diamondback gulch (greasy spoon), oak creek homestead (cliffhanger) and broken arrow. All of those are great trails but that's the extent of my experience.

I'd be staying at a hotel, not sure which. Looks like plumber1 will be there a few days. I'd most likely come up the 25th afternoon, possibly hit a trail or two depending on time, and wheel the 26th, maybe morning of the 27th if I take that day off.

Don't know the area that well, but did see some decent dispersed camping where you start outlaw, right off the 260 to the west. There was more dispersed camping across the 260 to the east just up the road where oak creek homestead starts, but the crowd there was 'interesting' (some living out of cars), so would avoid camping there.

Will know more after this weekend.
I think that’s where we both commented about the movie “Deliverance” 😂

So I am looking at this itinerary for the 26th. Since these are short trails I think we can do all three of these that day.

Meetup at Coffee Pot Restaurant Time TBD

Stop along the trail for lunch

1) Broken Arrow Trail

2) Solder Pass requires a permit and they only allow 12 per day as of today it looks like they have 10 open spots so book your spot ASAP

3) Schnebly Hill

If anyone wants to do another short trail Monday morning, or more trails on Friday the 1st I would be open

Let me know who is in and I will post more info, also let me know if your on CB or GMRS and we can pick a channel

So I am looking at this itinerary for the 26th. Since these are short trails I think we can do all three of these that day.

Meetup at Coffee Pot Restaurant Time TBD

Stop along the trail for lunch

1) Broken Arrow Trail

2) Solder Pass requires a permit and they only allow 12 per day as of today it looks like they have 10 open spots so book your spot ASAP

3) Schnebly Hill

If anyone wants to do another short trail Monday morning, or more trails on Friday the 1st I would be open

Let me know who is in and I will post more info, also let me know if your on CB or GMRS and we can pick a channel

Broken Arrow was fun !
sedona016.jpg

Reactions: Jamison C