SEMA Show 2022

An EV hot rod at the show:

View attachment 373288

A drop-in:

View attachment 373289

This isn't a new product, but I'll show it here in case people aren't familiar with it. From the Autometer booth:

View attachment 373290

Yesterday morning I posted about the suction cup cargo system from SeaSucker. Later yesterday I found this one from China, similar but better:

View attachment 373291

The cups are electric. Instead of pumping a button to increase the suction, you push a button and an electric pump inside the cup does it. And what's really nice about them is that they sense if suction is being lost and automatically pump when needed. Two AA batteries inside.

There are lots of LED lighting vendors at the show; Metra was showing a very comprehensive line of lighting and wiring accessories:

View attachment 373292

Two things caught my eye at Metra - the 8-gang switch panel that looks the same as the Auxbeam switch panels I've posted reviews of here, and the 500amp relay isolator - looks perfect for setting up a dual battery system. I'm going to see if I can get one.

View attachment 373293

And speaking of Auxbeam, they're going to send me some LED headlights to review. The first pair below has "halo" turn signals/DRLs which require additional wiring connections and the second pair has a rotating RBG halo and a few other features including Bluetooth control and no extra wiring - they're plug-and-play.

View attachment 373294

View attachment 373295

These lights don't fit in with my vision for any of my Jeeps, so after using them to write the article I'll probably make them available if anyone wants something like this for their Jeep.

I've got maybe a hundred more photos to go through but not much time right now but I'll get to posting more soon.

Electric Hot rod.....nooooooo thats just not right :(

Electric Hot rod.....nooooooo thats just not right :(

Just the natural progression of hot rodding. It all started with dropping Model A engines into Model T's, progressed to dropping flat head V8's in everything, went from there to dropping small block Chevys in everything. Then on to big blocks and hemi's, then LS's, and now electric motors. It's all about taking something, putting it where it doesn't belong and making it work...much like some of the wilder built Jeeps.
Not a Jeep, but check this out, it's my favorite EV build so far. 58 Apache

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and 97TJNM
Just the natural progression of hot rodding. It all started with dropping Model A engines into Model T's, progressed to dropping flat head V8's in everything, went from there to dropping small block Chevys in everything. Then on to big blocks and hemi's, then LS's, and now electric motors. It's all about taking something, putting it where it doesn't belong and making it work...much like some of the wilder built Jeeps.

The slammed chassis is unfortunate, but as EVs go, that one is "dun rite". No bullshit touchscreens or other nonsense.

Love the look of that Apache … but electric !! Hot Rodding ‘to me’ is all about the sound, the smell and the feeling in your chest when a big engine with zoomies starts up…… all of that seems to be lost with an electric motor…..
Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the engineering and how fast and efficient they are….. But for me electric is far too clinical and soul less.

Love the look of that Apache … but electric !! Hot Rodding ‘to me’ is all about the sound, the smell and the feeling in your chest when a big engine with zoomies starts up…… all of that seems to be lost with an electric motor…..
Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the engineering and how fast and efficient they are….. But for me electric is far too clinical and soul less.

Maybe you need to get into something like this. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I have had the ProEagle for a few years now and love it. And now Harbor Freight has ripped it off...

But I hope everyone remembers their jack stand issues/recall, their fix action, and then how they were still having issues and recalled them again.🤡
I believe they were recalled three freaking times.

https://newsroom.harborfreight.com/product/automotive/2022/11/harbor-freight-tools-introduces-badland-3-ton-off-road-jack-at-sema-in-las-vegas

an obvious rip off/clone