Share your favorite watch

My buddy who just immigrated from Ukraine owns a watch fixin' shop. He's trying to track me down an old Soviet watch. I love my Citizen in the mean time though. Never having to set the time/date is wonderful, especially for those who travel.

PXL_20210317_234001054.jpg

That’s a nice Citizen. I’m a fan of world timers and gmt’s as well. I travel through multiple time zones (traveled, pre-pandemic) as well. I like glancing at a watch as opposed to opening my phone.
This is my Seiko from 1974. They put this out to commemorate the Olympics. Although, this one does not have the Olympic case back

E1660742-20B8-4BB6-AAA6-4B7353946754.jpeg

You should get the MK40 triple date! I never paid attention to it before but, I like it. I can introduce you to people that can find one. That’s what this forum’s for, right? Telling others how to spend $$$$$$$$😭😂
Lol, that's exactly the one I want. I love the Triple Dates and the size.
This is identical to my Blue face Triple Date, but a lot easier to read.
Hard to believe these are the same watch, just different face, hands and bezel, huh?
Mk40.jpg

IMG_1138.JPG

I am not much of a watch person as far as collecting them or anything. I like bigger watches and always just had what ever struck my fancy. Then my doctor wanted me to keep track of my step count and I would forget to take my phone with me when I would go on my walks. So 2 years ago my daughter got me a Samsung Galaxy watch that connects to my phone so I could keep track of my steps. I try for 5-6K step each day. It's easier some days but harder other times.

View attachment 233498

View attachment 233499

@Wildman ... Wife bought that watch for valentines day years ago... samsung frontier i think.

You can make that watch very useful!

Phone calls: some watches has its own number... so on hikes i can use it without pulling out phone.... or as a back up. Also can check texts on it.

Gps: You can get a gps map tracker with ability to upload .gpx files.

Weather: Altimeter.. barometer... temp.. storm warning. Or just look at the sky.

Heart rate and steps/miled are cool to track during workouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
I was checking the oil on the Ural this morning when I remembered that my chrome Casio Atomic and my black chrome Casio Atomic were within a few inches of each other.

How's that for synchronization?
51093623385_ff4c385486_z.jpg

Reactions: lBasket
I've always loved watches, my friends think I'm weird and always ask why, "you can just use your phone" they tell me

I usually reply with something about them being uncultured swine :ROFLMAO:

I only have one but have always wanted more, this thread isn't good for my wallet. I'll have to get pictures once I get home. I can't wear them at work because of machinery and moving parts, it's not worth the risk.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho
Prior to getting married 20 years ago I had a severe watch fetish. I owned several very expensive watches
Rolex Daytona
Rolex Yacht Master Platinum
Patek Philippe
Breitling SuperOcean
and a few Movado and a number of other watches.

Unfortunatley all of them with the exception of a Gold Movado were stolen along with a pretty nice wine and single malt scotch collection from the townhome I was renting at the time.
It was strange that none of my ex-fiance's diamond jewlery was touched. Just my shit.

She broke off the engagement about 4 weeks later.

Anyway 20 years later I have a few watches, nothing really expensive and my favorite go to watch is my G Shock Rangeman.
I still have the gold Movado.

watches.jpg

Reactions: Cheesy
Thats not a knockoff in the pic. Thats the real deal. My knockoff has the knobs on the same side tho.
😲 Sorry I didn't mean to insult you, just never saw the knobs on that side on a watch before but I am no watch expert.

But wait you have the real deal and a fake 🤔

I love watching the YouTube channels that are based on watches. Most of them overpriced the market and act like ballers with their huge dials. It's funny to watch the douchebotchery.

Reactions: tjmaciii
The Orient watch below is my current favorite - stainless steel with good weight to it. Nothing crazy but it’s an automatic movement which I like. It’s about 30 seconds off a day give or take. I have nothing against quartz movements but something about the mechanical design just appeals to me.

14EDF6C4-6788-4FB4-86EC-F5B1C0A4E291.jpeg

The Orient watch below is my current favorite - stainless steel with good weight to it. Nothing crazy but it’s an automatic movement which I like. It’s about 30 seconds off a day give or take. I have nothing against quartz movements but something about the mechanical design just appeals to me.

View attachment 260795
Just something about automatics. I’m the same. I like the gyro effect of the weights moving around.

Reactions: RFAASRMA
😲 Sorry I didn't mean to insult you, just never saw the knobs on that side on a watch before but I am no watch expert.

But wait you have the real deal and a fake 🤔
Oh. No offense taken. 🙂 no. I dont have both. Thats just a pic off the internet of a real one. They go for like 8k. Im not a big watch collector. But i do wear one. I just really liked the look of that watch.

But ya. Some watches come with the knobs on the left. I forget why. Maybe its a right handed watch? Lol. Idk.