Spare tire mount

It is not hard to comprehend that if the tire is not resting on the bracket it is useless...unless something gives way. Plain to see the tire is NOT resting on said bracket. You do the math. Oh, I totally get it...monkee see, monkee do. :rolleyes:

Build your shelf with a ramp and some adjustability and it supports the tire just fine.
20210321_161522.jpg

20210321_161543.jpg

That makes sense...the other method depicted is totally worthless. (y)

The other method can work just as well as mine does depending on how it is installed. All it needs to do is catch a bit of the tire tread with a bit of resistance.

The other method can work just as well as mine does depending on how it is installed. All it needs to do is catch a bit of the tire tread with a bit of resistance.

Which none of them are doing lol...air gap equals nothing, not to mention a pita opening and closing the tailgate if it did contact the tire at all. Your design at least allows a ramp so to speak.

I'm not here to ridicule anyone, but there are times when you have to point out the obvious. Maybe prevent someone else from making the same mistakes.

Last edited:
Which none of them are doing lol...air gap equals nothing, not to mention a pita opening and closing the tailgate if it did contact the tire at all. Your design at least allows a ramp so to speak.

The tire needs to contact the shelf. Closing the gate with a 90lb tire pushing against the shelf is a non issue. It is not noticeable. Whether or not Boogie's example does that, I don't particularly care. Mine works. And I have a strong suspicion that whatever support Blaine makes also does what it needs to do at least as well as mine.

The tire needs to contact the shelf. Closing the gate with a 90lb tire pushing against the shelf is a non issue. It is not noticeable. Whether or not Boogie's example does that, I don't particularly care. Mine works. And I have a strong suspicion that whatever support Blaine makes also does what it needs to do at least as well as mine.

You should ask the fuckwit which pic he is referring to. If it is boogie's, then he also needs his eyes checked. The tire is resting on that u bracket.

What is inconsistent? I have said from the beginning unless the tire is resting on the bracket it is useless. I agreed your design was better as it utilized a ramp. Why do you continue to defend the indefensible? The tire in the other image is clearly not resting on or touching the bracket. Duh?

• Haha
Reactions: L J and jjvw
You should ask the fuckwit which pic he is referring to. If it is boogie's, then he also needs his eyes checked. The tire is resting on that u bracket.

Just looked and it most certainly is touching. But according to fuckwit, that makes the gate a PITA to close. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
What is inconsistent? I have said from the beginning unless the tire is resting on the bracket it is useless. I agreed your design was better as it utilized a ramp. Why do you continue to defend the indefensible? The tire in the other image is clearly not resting on or touching the bracket. Duh?

You are inconsistent. 🤣

And you are most assuredly legally blind little one...

You can do something like the MORryde but including a "rest" to support the weight of the tire will do a lot for durability. See this picture from @TheBoogieman
View attachment 364803
I'm not sure from this angle how anyone can argue there's anything visible. At best you could say "we can't really know from this angle" except for where the tire is touching and we know it touches from this angle...

This is a silly hill to die on.

Reactions: jjvw and L J
I'm not sure from this angle how anyone can argue there's anything visible. At best you could say "we can't really know from this angle" except for where the tire is touching and we know it touches from this angle...

This is a silly hill to die on.

So, the angle of the dangle depends on the heat in the meat?

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
So, the angle of the dangle depends on the heat in the meat?

Kinda! I think Josh's design makes good sense since it can adjust with tread wear, but I can't see enough in that other picture to say for certain it doesn't have something to account for that wear.

Of course, now we can devolve into talking about bolt wallowing as a way to attack this idea entirely as we forget how bolts work too.

Reactions: jjvw