Spare tire mount

Kinda! I think Josh's design makes good sense since it can adjust with tread wear, but I can't see enough in that other picture to say for certain it doesn't have something to account for that wear.

Of course, now we can devolve into talking about bolt wallowing as a way to attack this idea entirely as we forget how bolts work too.
I'd devolve it to the fact I don't read any complaint threads on the MORryde system so somebody sees a problem that doesn't exist.

Reactions: RINC
I also moved on from the rear spare because it gets in the way of the rocks

That said, it is overall a good product. And it has to have the offset brackets for packaging for the standard end user - I can't fault it for that.

For the OP: I would get an exogate. If you're adventurous, copy the couple tire supports you see and look around the threads for those of us that raised the carrier while keeping it as tight as possible.

Reactions: Peppergat and JMT
I'd devolve it to the fact I don't read any complaint threads on the MORryde system so somebody sees a problem that doesn't exist.

The problem is that the left side is only supported by the latch pin. The bouncing tire can eventually tear the passenger side corner of the tub off of the spot welds holding it to the rear torque box and body mounts.
20210724_172453.jpg

Do you happen to have a link ?

It’s not totally perfected. I need to do two things. 1) add cletes to the strap, 2) use a larger diameter threaded rod. At that point it will be solid. The cletes are the main thing. As long as they are On the tire and can’t slide off you are good to go. The bracket isn’t dealing with many forces. It’s main job is to keep it steady left to right. I wheeled all day at Reiter ORV in WA state and it was solid as is. That’s a tough spot to wheel.

5CD74329-7DE2-4C0A-8BCE-E1ECAE652041.jpeg

7DB2C86F-B67D-4170-AC12-DE76B8E5640F.jpeg

ACF72CDF-176F-4295-AF0F-81ADBAEAFB5E.jpeg

B8F50B89-0869-497B-B6A7-CED3288C615A.jpeg

DEC9A657-4167-470E-8ADC-25B52C660639.jpeg

7E06A463-88D4-46CE-AF3A-16F7E9A1E2AF.jpeg

B2A2D070-FCF9-4AC6-9C86-2D7078F06141.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing to add but a childish "spelling bee" contest. Noted that you did not dispute that your tire is in fact NOT resting on that homemade bracket which makes it a near useless addition.

Lighten up, Francis. It was a good natured (and funny) jab at your spelling of monkey. Most of us are on here to enjoy interacting with each other, and that includes some poking.

And as to that mount - have you read the last few posts on that one?

That said, it is overall a good product. And it has to have the offset brackets for packaging for the standard end user - I can't fault it for that.

For the OP: I would get an exogate. If you're adventurous, copy the couple tire supports you see and look around the threads for those of us that raised the carrier while keeping it as tight as possible.

I’ll look into the exogate. Why do you recommend it ?