Spare tire mount

I used this spare tire mount with my MOR/ryde.
https://www.hylineoffroad.com/jeep_parts/jeep_tj_and_yj_oversized_tire_mount
It raises the tire a bit compared to the stock mount . I did have to slot the holes a bit to make it fit due to the upper lip on the MOR/ryde . I’m happy with it so far .

A couple questions if you don’t mind….

(1) Did it move the wheel out as well as up? Is your wheel still relatively close to the tailgate?

(2) What size tire and what back spacing on the wheel?

It's the only good off the shelf option I am aware of, most others are missing something (such as the tie in to the roll bar). I also hate bumper swingouts, they're annoying to use.

I only found one place that has an exogate and , it looks suspiciously just like the Moryde version. Are they one in the same now ?

To quote Elvis, "Thank you, thank you very much".
p.s. I hear Pirate4x4 is looking for members like you. Please try them next and report back on how they like you. Don't forget your Preparation H before entering though.😬

Boog - I love it when someone starts irritating you - and your scary avatars come out….

🙂

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
A couple questions if you don’t mind….

(1) Did it move the wheel out as well as up? Is your wheel still relatively close to the tailgate?

(2) What size tire and what back spacing on the wheel?
(1) Not noticeably out . Up around 1” . Tire rests against factory lower spacers

(2) 35x12.5x15 on 15x8 wheels with 3-3/4” backspace .

Last edited: