Starting a 32RH Swap

Getting closer

E4D315B9-9690-428A-957F-BD6C056061CD.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
On the inside of the jeep where the shifter goes through the tub, there is a metal cover plate and a rubber boot. Will that rubber boot come off of the metal cover plate? Because it is not wanting to

Yes, just pop it loose with a flat blade under the edge and work it around. Then remove the two screws in the t-case shifter plate, loosen the others so you can get the manual trans cover plate off the tunnel so you can install auto cover plate that the shifter mounts to.

This is the sensor we talked about. If you look close you can see the cardboard spacer on the nose of it.

1620262436548.png

Yes, just pop it loose with a flat blade under the edge and work it around. Then remove the two screws in the t-case shifter plate, loosen the others so you can get the manual trans cover plate off the tunnel so you can install auto cover plate that the shifter mounts to.

This is the sensor we talked about. If you look close you can see the cardboard spacer on the nose of it.

View attachment 250157
👍. I see. Thanks again

Reactions: mrblaine
Well each day I get lots of little things done and one or two big things. If I get a little frustrated, I just move to another part of the puzzle. Today I got the tranasfer case installed, the Savvy shift linkage adjusted for the shorter throw due to the 32RH being a little shorter. I got all the electrical put back together except for one part ( I’ll come back to that tomorrow).
I started working on the transmission lines (the new OEM lines are much straighter) I don’t have them secured yet though.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Yes sir. Can you tell me what that NSS CIRCUIT is ? Thanks
It is a series circuit that is connected to ground that allows the vehicle to engage the starter. It goes through the fuse behind the dash that allows the rig to start without pushing in the clutch, the clutch safety switch, and the neutral safety switch on the back of the 32RH. In the manual is it bypassed there and jumpered at the connector above the transmission since there is a clutch safety switch.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
It is a series circuit that is connected to ground that allows the vehicle to engage the starter. It goes through the fuse behind the dash that allows the rig to start without pushing in the clutch, the clutch safety switch, and the neutral safety switch on the back of the 32RH. In the manual is it bypassed there and jumpered at the connector above the transmission since there is a clutch safety switch.
So some how I have got to connect those two plugs or the keep will not start ?

So while looking for the small bulb thats wired from the factory back in 97 within the wiring harness and it’s for the automatic transmission bezel, I found it had been covered up with electrical tape and rigged to light up a different wiring harness to light up a oil temp gauge.
ever so often I could smell something a little hot. Go figure.

228BABF1-D41B-44B6-846C-FD2B50C610B0.jpeg

C6A5F76B-AA61-4312-8541-B9F623134780.jpeg