Starting a 32RH Swap

Here are some used lines I can pick up for $100.00.
do these have a check valve in them ?

CFAD0128-8E3A-44BE-A20B-28C6B36A1B0C.png

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
52079688AB
52118606AB
These are the two part numbers I used. You can find them everywhere. I think 97-99 is same and I have a 99 but double check me on that.

So having never done this before and trying to grasp how it all goes together,

1. First The flex plate/fly wheel attaches to something up in the engine with the small outer ring with the six short bolts.

2. Slide the transmission/bell housing onto the flywheel and attach the 4 long bolts ( by removing the dust cover/inspection plate) through the fly wheel and torque converter

3. Tighten the bolts that hold the bell housing to the engine ???

A flex plate is what is used with a automatic transmission and a flywheel is what is used on a manual transmission rig.

There are 6 bolts that hold the flywheel/flex plate to the crankshaft on the engine. With an auto tranny once you slide the transmission up to the engine and get the bolts started you will need to turn the engine and install the 4 bolts that mount the torque converter to the flex plate. Then tighten down the bellhousing bolts.

A flex plate is what is used with a automatic transmission and a flywheel is what is used on a manual transmission rig.

There are 6 bolts that hold the flywheel/flex plate to the crankshaft on the engine. With an auto tranny once you slide the transmission up to the engine and get the bolts started you will need to turn the engine and install the 4 bolts that mount the torque converter to the flex plate. Then tighten down the bellhousing bolts.
great thanks. i just needed a picture in my mind of how it all goes together.

Reactions: Wildman
great thanks. i just needed a picture in my mind of how it all goes together.

When you put the torque converter onto the transmission you need to turn it and you'll feel it engage the splines on the input shaft. It should click 2 or 3 times and you get all the spline to engage.

thanks.
I need the 4 bolts that mount the torque coonverter th the flex plate.

Find out what size you need. I bought ARP bolts for the flex plate to crank & flex plate to torque converter. Are they a MUST nope but I like having the added insurance.

When you put the torque converter onto the transmission you need to turn it and you'll feel it engage the splines on the input shaft. It should click 2 or 3 times and you get all the spline to engage.

Find out what size you need. I bought ARP bolts for the flex plate to crank & flex plate to torque converter. Are they a MUST nope but I like having the added insurance.
i have the right bolt for the flex to the crank. I'll just have to get the right bolt for the flex to the torque converter

i have the right bolt for the flex to the crank. I'll just have to get the right bolt for the flex to the torque converter

I'd bought the wrong size bolts for my torque converter the first time around is why I am saying that. They shouldn't be hard to find.

I don't know on the 32RH but on my 46RE they are 5/16x24. The other size used is 7/16x20 and the length of both are 3/4".