Starting a 32RH Swap

So I have the teraflex extension ( 2904400) seal for the output shaft of the transmission. I just can’t grasp the right tool to use to install the seal ?? Ball-ping hammer and an aluminum 1/4” square stock. Ya can’t use a seal install tool.

35E74B7E-4629-490C-BC5B-69AAAC24488D.jpeg

I was installing that, I would try to find something round that will fit around it and I can hit. OR, if I couldn't find anything in the shop like that. I would use a hammer and a large brass drift. Brass because I wouldn't want to dent it. Your aluminum idea would work, I might try to use a larger chunk of aluminum. But, you may be able to get it done if you work slowly with what you mentioned.

well I think I have everything except for Deep trans oil pan and trans temp gauge .
I picked up my shifter cable today but its not very smooth maybe the cable is slightly bent.? and the platic spacer sleve is broken, ( not sure if thats a throw away or not. picture coming up next

I know people take out there transmissions for different reasons , and it’s probably no big deal. Because I’ve not done it before, I’m needing some confidence or advice that I can remove all my driveline and install the 32RH. I have all the parts now ( except a front driveshaft, hoping my current drive shaft will work ) and am ready to take the plunge.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford