Temp gauge issue

Reidminer

TJ Enthusiast
Hello everyone, so I’ve got a bit of a weird issue with my Temp gauge on my dash.

I’ve got a 2000 TJ 4.0 5 speed manual, everything about the engine and drivetrain and such are stock(I did have the motor replaced with a new(used)one when I bought it this past January)

Ever since I’ve owned it, the temp gauge has worked properly, it would indicate the engine would get to normal temps, generally straight up or to the left a bit, within about 10mins of warming up or driving.

That is until this past week and into this week, every time I’ve started and driven it, even on highways for 10+ mins, the temp gauge never read above the first notch.

Is there a reason or cause for the change? Like a loose connection or bad sensor or something along those lines? Any help would be appreciated!

Hello everyone, so I’ve got a bit of a weird issue with my Temp gauge on my dash.

I’ve got a 2000 TJ 4.0 5 speed manual, everything about the engine and drivetrain and such are stock(I did have the motor replaced with a new(used)one when I bought it this past January)

Ever since I’ve owned it, the temp gauge has worked properly, it would indicate the engine would get to normal temps, generally straight up or to the left a bit, within about 10mins of warming up or driving.

That is until this past week and into this week, every time I’ve started and driven it, even on highways for 10+ mins, the temp gauge never read above the first notch.

Is there a reason or cause for the change? Like a loose connection or bad sensor or something along those lines? Any help would be appreciated!
Your thermostat is stuck wide open