The douchebag of the day thread

I gots no beef with you Sundowner, just one question, do you disagree with anything I said?
He doesn't. He is being sarcastic and picking on your message for supporting the rights of other to express themselves automotively in whatever fashion they see fit. It doesn't fit in with the thread's intent so that makes you a Debbie Downer. That said, thanks for the "make ourselves feel superior by trashing others" sentiment. I particularly enjoyed that part.

Reactions: B252 and zebra12
Thanks for noticing, I was proud of that line also. I can not apologize for being a stickler when it comes to Liberty, even with colleagues and friends, I believe we have become lazy and flippant with protecting and upholding this countries greatest founding principal. I love this website, and the people that use it, but not more than.....

On a personal note, just wanted to thank you mrblaine for all of the information you share on this website, I have learned and prospered much from it. I am a better person for it, even if that does sound cheesy.

Thanks for noticing, I was proud of that line also. I can not apologize for being a stickler when it comes to Liberty, even with colleagues and friends, I believe we have become lazy and flippant with protecting and upholding this countries greatest founding principal. I love this website, and the people that use it, but not more than.....

On a personal note, just wanted to thank you mrblaine for all of the information you share on this website, I have learned and prospered much from it. I am a better person for it, even if that does sound cheesy.
Kind words are always appreciated. I'm fond of this place as well. If I could change one thing it would be to move it away from the general characterization of two easily discerned traits, the first is lots of great folks are here that want to learn and share with a low level of bullshit. The second is the obsession with shitting on other folks and their personal expressions in automotive endeavors. Shit like the Unfortunate TJ, the shitty JK of the day, the fucktard with a Gladiator, What the fuck were they thinking, OMG!! it has low profile tires, EEEEWWWW! it's lowered, etc.. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Does this mean I can come out of the light bar closet? If not, forget what I just said.

Now if we want to get on DB of the day, that award goes to the dumb ass kids in the LJ that hauled ass down my road (subdivision) twice yesterday while my neighbor and my 3 year-old were riding bikes/power wheels. I gave a good yell to inform them to slow down and got the typical teenage "whatever, I'm super cool" look. They came back a second time and I went to meet them in the road, to which I was greeted with the throttle opening up and some shit ass grins, fucking cowards can't even stand toe to toe with you. I'll catch their ass one of these days or get their plate and show up on their door step.
Could have been a simple "hey, slow down please" and everyone go about their day like responsible citizens.

Does this mean I can come out of the light bar closet? If not, forget what I just said.

Now if we want to get on DB of the day, that award goes to the dumb ass kids in the LJ that hauled ass down my road (subdivision) twice yesterday while my neighbor and my 3 year-old were riding bikes/power wheels. I gave a good yell to inform them to slow down and got the typical teenage "whatever, I'm super cool" look. They came back a second time and I went to meet them in the road, to which I was greeted with the throttle opening up and some shit ass grins, fucking cowards can't even stand toe to toe with you. I'll catch their ass one of these days or get their plate and show up on their door step.
Could have been a simple "hey, slow down please" and everyone go about their day like responsible citizens.
Keep us posted when you finally get to have a chat with those little bastards. They are brave in their vehicle or on their computers.

In the past, I would have said find out where they live or who they are visiting and go talk to the parents. Ive found most parents don't give a crap anymore. Get a picture of the tag and video, call the cops and let them do what they do best.

I gots no beef with you Sundowner, just one question, do you disagree with anything I said?

He doesn't.

Actually, there is one very specific part of his post that I do not agree with:

I do not, in fact, love Maxxis tires.

As for the rest...yeah, I have to say that I'm pretty in line with it, and I say that in the full knowledge that in my less cognizant and perceptive moments, I can be just as much part of the problem as anyone else. Example: my hatred for JKs running MetalCloak and Factor 55 stuff is so virulent and severe as to make my ambivalence towards Maxxis look like slavish adoration, but even so, I try not to be a total dick about my objections to those entities when I slow down and think clearly enough to do so...and that's the crux of the matter: no matter what you choose to think or what opinion you have, there's a way to express it without being a total dick. Furthermore, I will also be very quick to point out that our much-vaunted and supported sense of liberty is exactly what we're seeing exercised when we see people being publicly intolerant, hypocritical, self-righteous or any cocktail of the three (with a little bit of asshattery on the side for spice, usually): we may not like what they say or do - and they, us, in turn - but we're all free to say it, and if we actually value freedom we should support personal expression in the midst of our disagreement, no matter whether we express our ideas by vehicles or by vitriol. In that light, this thread and all the others that Blaine just referenced - some of which I, myself, have taken part in - are neither more nor less douchebaggy than the vehicles they objectify.

See? That's what you get when people have so little consideration for their environment that they can't avoid being immature dicks...and that's sad, because they could have driven around safely, thinking that they were super cool, and they could have done so without having to endanger children.

Also, no, you can't come out of the light bar closet, because - as I've gently suggested no more than twice in the distant past - all LED light bars should be confined to the nearest dumpster.

Ive found most parents don't give a crap anymore
I agree, but I'll give them a chance and maybe show them the light. I have a feeling they will do as all little cowards do and come fuck with my stuff, no one is willing to go toe-to-toe anymore and take an ass chewing/whipping anymore. All it has to be is "Don't do that crap here", "yes sir" and we all go about our business.

they were super cool
At first I said "oh, cool an LJ", then I realized they were hauling ass like dumb asses. I had a talk with one of my other neighbors teenage sons about his dumb ass friend that did a burnout in front of my house then pulled into his driveway. Told him "don't shit where you eat dumb ass" and a few other "don't be a dumb ass" words and I've never had anymore trouble with him. He's even kept his friends in check in the hood.

That is a right proper example of a douchebag. I once lived with my inlaws on a quiet side street far off the main thoroughfares. They had cats they let outside. Neighbor kid who lived a few blocks away (unknown at the time) would turn off the side road from the main drag, turn down our street and punch it. After about 4 days of this, I figured out it was right about the time school let out plus some transit time. I parked my car headed the right way and when he went by, I followed him home so we could have us a little chat. I explained that while I didn't really give a shit if he ran over one of the cats, I would have to endure the sadness and bullshit that it would cause in the household. This is a warning and you get two of them. I've written out the next one and it is taped to the side of a brick that is going through your windshield the next time you feel the need to haul ass in front of the house.

Not only did he never haul ass again, apparently he decided to take an entirely different way home because we never saw him again.

At some point, I may tell the story of mistaken douchebaggery that caused me to line the balcony rail with several fist sized rocks.

Last edited:
So we are constantly posting (and laughing) about unfortunate JK’s, JKU’s etc that ride the rails of douchebaggery so I figured why not start a douchebag of the day thread. It’s all in good fun so hopefully no one will get butt hurt over it. If you see something that makes you think “Haha, look at that douchebag” this is the place to post it up. I’ll start with what I saw at the mall today. This dude works at the mall and leaves his wheel lights (on a real rig they’d be called rock lights) and his dancing headlight halos on all day while he works. The dancing LED’s reminding me of, well you’ll see.

Side note* I had to compress the video by 50% to adhere to forum size limits so hopefully you can still see it well enough to get the idea.

View attachment 98425

Wait, I don't get it. Is the douchebag the guy who owns the truck or the guy who's playing a Bryan Adams love song on his radio? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 02SteelBlue
That is a right proper example of a douchebag. I once lived with my inlaws on a quiet side street far off the main thoroughfares. They had cats they let outside. Neighbor kid who lived a few blocks away (unknown at the time) would turn off the side road from the main drag, turn down our street and punch it. After about 4 days of this, I figured out it was right about the time school let out plus some transit time. I parked my car headed the right way and when he went by, I followed him home so we could have us a little chat. I explained that while I didn't really give a shit if he ran over one of the cats, I would have to endure the sadness and bullshit that it cause in the household. This is a warning and you get two of them. I've written out the next one and it is taped to the side of a brick that is going through your windshield the next time you feel the need to haul ass in front of the house.

Not only did he never haul ass again, apparently he decided to take an entirely different way home because we never saw him again.

At some point, I may tell the story of mistaken douchebaggery that caused me to line the balcony rail with several fist sized rocks.
Great story! How long do we have to wait for the other one (Mistaken douchebaggery)?

Daaaaaaang bruh... I have never seen a thread turn so quickly off topic... lol.
I enjoy a good poke at other rides but I do agree that "douchbag" is a bit of an over statement. "Ugly", "Money poorly spent", etc.. yeah, but DB? nah.
Now if someone in one of these POS cuts you off in traffic then yeah, they're a DB.
OK, I'm done, going back to my popcorn now. Let's not forget our own...

I just want to toss some definitions in here, for clarification:
Definition of douchebag

1usually douche bag : a bag used for giving douchesa rubber douche bag
2chiefly US slang : an obnoxious, offensive, or disgusting person

It's perfectly fine if you think the owners of these vehicles are obnoxious.

Definition of liberty
(Entry 1 of 2)
1: the quality or state of being free:
a: the power to do as one pleases
b: freedom from physical restraint
c: freedom from arbitrary or despotic (see DESPOT sense 1) control
d: the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges
e: the power of choice

None of this thread imposes on anyone's liberty.

• Haha
Reactions: 04 LJ and Chris
I just want to toss some definitions in here, for clarification:
Definition of douchebag

1usually douche bag : a bag used for giving douchesa rubber douche bag
2chiefly US slang : an obnoxious, offensive, or disgusting person

It's perfectly fine if you think the owners of these vehicles are obnoxious.

Definition of liberty
(Entry 1 of 2)
1: the quality or state of being free:
a: the power to do as one pleases
b: freedom from physical restraint
c: freedom from arbitrary or despotic (see DESPOT sense 1) control
d: the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges
e: the power of choice

None of this thread imposes on anyone's liberty.
One either gets it or is a douchebag.