The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread

the instructions say you do...which one did you get where you don’t have to?
I used TeraFlex because that all I could get in a reasonable amount of time. They’re not the best but all I had to do was attach them and connect the bottom of the shock. Probably will get them welded for more strength.

Reactions: Midtenn
I used TeraFlex because that all I could get in a reasonable amount of time. They’re not the best but all I had to do was attach them and connect the bottom of the shock. Probably will get them welded for more strength.

they all look the same to me so maybe none of them need to be flipped.

So quick question, I've got a 2.5" lift on my 06 TJ.
Stock length control arms front and rear, I'm planning on putting adjustable arms up front next weekend, along with new ball joints.

I get noticable clunking front the T-case / front drive shaft on takeoff, but ONLY in 2WD.
In 4WD it's smooth as can be.
Would an SYE fix this, or does it sound more like a U-joint problem?
I'm planning on throwing in an SYE either way sometime soon, I'm just trying to figure out if I should plan on U-joints as well.

With an SYE you will need to rotate your pinion up to be in line with the transfer case. You will need the angled bracket to bring the track bar back forward.
Can anyone tell me if the track bar relocation bracket that came with my JKS lift angled appropriately for a tummy tuck? I have an adjustable track bar in the the bracket right now. Just not sure if I will need to swap out the bracket. Thanks

CF3A570B-5D1A-4538-AC88-7221874675BB.png

Can anyone tell me if the track bar relocation bracket that came with my JKS lift angled appropriately for a tummy tuck? I have an adjustable track bar in the the bracket right now. Just not sure if I will need to swap out the bracket. Thanks

View attachment 243092
I have been using the same TB bracket on mine w 3.5” and 1.5 drop skid for a Time without issues. The TJ also use to have on w 4” of lift and 2” drop skid and never an issue either.

Just updating...

The parts list for a SYE install on my 2001 TJ with NP231 transfer case:
Advanced Adapters SYE and Adams Driveshaft. I'm not going with a super short because I have no plans for a tummy tuck. This includes bearing and seals. Ordering from Adams Driveshaft as a kit for $470 shipped.

Transfer case skid plate bolts to replace the longer bolts from the TC drop. Mopar part number 6035836. I ordered these up from Morris 4x4 for $42 shipped (price matched).

Angled rear track bar relocation bracket from Metalcloak for $49 shipped.

Transfer case chain from Borg Warner part number HV-027. I ordered this from eBay for $59 shipped.
I am currently in the process of ordering a SYE for my 99 TJ and I now know what I need and where to order from thanks to you and the Jeep Forum threads

I am sorry to ask, but will the regular Advance Adaptors SYE kit work fine with a tummy tuck on an 06 TJ with a 2.5" suspension lift?

Out of curiosity, I'm going to be putting an adjustable track bar in soon, will that angled bracket still be necessary?

Out of curiosity, I'm going to be putting an adjustable track bar in soon, will that angled bracket still be necessary?
Yes it will be needed to angle it away from your gas tank skid once you adjust the angle of your rear axle. The adjustment part of the track bar is to allow for side to side movement of the axle. The angled bracket moves the path of the track bar once the axle is rotated.

Reactions: Ataxium
What are some of the harmful effects of not using a SYE?
… A transfer case drop will clear that problem up, as well as a high clearance extended slip yoke, but it will not correct the strain on the output shaft.

@Chris Are you saying that neither the tcase drop or a high-clearance extended slip yoke will correct output shaft strain? Or just the extended slip yoke won’t correct it?

I may get some flak for this but I was thinkin and realized that I really don’t NEED an SYE setup for what I do.
The PO put on a Zone 4” SL which I believe has a 1-5/8” tcase drop, not a fan of the looks but functionally… it does what I need it to and I still have plenty enough clearance for anything I’ll be doing.
That said I don’t wanna be putting strain on my tcase, but I thought I read elsewhere the only reason to go SYE is more clearance.

good read and glad I did on this one. I have a tummy tuck planned for next year as part of larger upgrade project. Currently running adjustable Metal Cloak control arms(came on Jeep). 2” OME springs and shocks. 1-1.25” in BL haven’t measured to be honest. Currently on almost new 33’s KM3’s, hence no rush.

Jeep is 2006 TJ Rubicon, so confirmed no SYE kit needed. Plan for next year will be Currie 4” springs, Fox Shocks, Savvy Mid arm kit, tummy tuck, 4.88’s, 35’s.

Do I need new rear driveshaft?

Appreciate any Input

good read and glad I did on this one. I have a tummy tuck planned for next year as part of larger upgrade project. Currently running adjustable Metal Cloak control arms(came on Jeep). 2” OME springs and shocks. 1-1.25” in BL haven’t measured to be honest. Currently on almost new 33’s KM3’s, hence no rush.

Jeep is 2006 TJ Rubicon, so confirmed no SYE kit needed. Plan for next year will be Currie 4” springs, Fox Shocks, Savvy Mid arm kit, tummy tuck, 4.88’s, 35’s.

Do I need new rear driveshaft?

Appreciate any Input

Yes. I like Woody’s.

Reactions: MattTJRubicon82