The Official SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) Thread

You may be able to get away with just uppers but I would get both uppers and lowers to ensure that you get everything set up correctly, if not a complete set.

I agree with that. In my opinion you might as well have all your control arms be adjustable. It certainly helps to have that extra adjustability should you ever need it.

I finally pulled the trigger. Adams Driveshaft made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so an Advanced Adapters SYE and an Adams Driveshaft should be shipping out tomorrow.

I plan on taking the next few days to clean up a little surface rust on the frame where the skid plate mounts.
Nice.

I finally pulled the trigger. Adams Driveshaft made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, so an Advanced Adapters SYE and an Adams Driveshaft should be shipping out tomorrow
Great choice with Adams! I went to Adams for my Teraflex Extreme Short Shaft SYE with CV driveshaft combination. Great company to work with, and the quality of the driveshaft is superb. I installed a tummy tuck at the same time and couldn't be happier.

Just FYI...some will need to shim the transfer skid even WITH the SYE and mml. YMMV of course.

Yep, that's something to keep in mind as well, and it's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle unfortunately so there's no for sure answer on it.

When I bought my Jeep it already had the 4" lift and transfer case drop. It always had a little vibration when first starting, but I never thought too much of it. I didn't sense any kind of vibration while driving.

I just picked it up from having everything installed. HOLY HELL what a freaking difference. Apparently I did have driveline vibrations, I just never knew anything different.

When I bought my Jeep it already had the 4" lift and transfer case drop. It always had a little vibration when first starting, but I never thought too much of it. I didn't sense any kind of vibration while driving.

I just picked it up from having everything installed. HOLY HELL what a freaking difference. Apparently I did have driveline vibrations, I just never knew anything different.

Interesting! What ended up fixing the vibration? I'm assuming it was a combination of an SYE, driveshaft and getting everything setup properly?

When I bought my Jeep it already had the 4" lift and transfer case drop. It always had a little vibration when first starting, but I never thought too much of it. I didn't sense any kind of vibration while driving. I just picked it up from having everything installed. HOLY HELL what a freaking difference. Apparently I did have driveline vibrations, I just never knew anything different.
Similar experience here. I was running 4.5" suspension lift for several years without SYE and CV driveshaft. I reduced vibration by running 1" Brown Dog Motor Mounts and had 5-6 washers and longer bolts between frame/skid. Once I actually decided to do it right by installing SYE/CV driveshaft, it was a dramatic difference. Didn't realize how many vibes I was having. At the same time I installed the UCF tummy tuck and now have a flat skid and zero vibes.

Out of curiosity how much did it cost for installation. If you don't mind me asking. Having a hard time finding reasonable labor costs where I live.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity how much did it cost for installation. If you don't mind me asking. Having a hard time finding reasonable labor costs where I live.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I sent you a PM.

When looking for a kit, is it best to buy the SYE and install it, then send off the measurements for a driveshaft? Or should I assume that most companies have worked with SYE's and driveshafts to know what I need for my specific set up?

Also, If I can't do a tummy tuck at the same time as the SYE, will the normal play in the CV driveshaft be enough to handle the difference from the stock skid to the tummy tuck skid later on? Or will I need to fork out for another driveshaft with the tummy tuck?

What tummy tucks are recommended?

When looking for a kit, is it best to buy the SYE and install it, then send off the measurements for a driveshaft? Or should I assume that most companies have worked with SYE's and driveshafts to know what I need for my specific set up?

Absolutely, yes! That way you'll get the correct driveshaft length dead-on, the first time. I made the mistake of ordering an SYE and a driveshaft at the same time for my old XJ. Once I got it all installed I found the driveshaft was a bit too long, and the slip joint on it was way too close to bottoming out. I had to send it back and get another just because of that!

Also, If I can't do a tummy tuck at the same time as the SYE, will the normal play in the CV driveshaft be enough to handle the difference from the stock skid to the tummy tuck skid later on? Or will I need to fork out for another driveshaft with the tummy tuck?

It should be able to handle it.

What tummy tucks are recommended?

Savvy makes the best tummy tuck out there as far as I'm concerned. It's aluminum, offers the best clearance of all of them, and it's a damn fine, quality piece.

Reactions: Josh Davis
Was rear shock clearance mentioned? When you rotate the pinion up to match the TC output yoke the lower portion of the shock body may rub on the lower spring perch. Depends on which brand of shock you have I think.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Was rear shock clearance mentioned? When you rotate the pinion up to match the TC output yoke the lower portion of the shock body may rub on the lower spring perch. Depends on which brand of shock you have I think.

No, but thank you for mentioning this. I will add it to the original post.

This is an issue I encountered on my Rubicon when I added the 4" lift. The pinion angle was moved up so much that my shocks were hitting my lower spring perch. I eventually went with some relocation brackets.

I will be going with Clayton Offroad's brackets that you weld to the back of your lower control arm brackets. Moves your shocks out of the way and also allows you to get rid of those pesky lower shock mounts that drag on everything.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Does anyone have any experience with JB Conversion's kit? I've read reviews and such. Looks like their kit offers a better clearance yoke? Not sure how important that would be.

Does anyone have any experience with JB Conversion's kit? I've read reviews and such. Looks like their kit offers a better clearance yoke? Not sure how important that would be.

I've never heard of this one. Do you have a link to it?