The Sienna Pearl

Unbelievable! It's been 3 weeks now and my check engine light still isn't on. I think it's finally fixed. I didn't think it was possible for the longest time.

Anyway, worked on another upgrade. Upgrade to me at least. I haven't used the air conditioner on this thing since I have owned it. I came across the thread about turning the stock air conditioner compressor into an air compressor a couple years ago. Well, I finally took on that project. It's complete and working.

I used one of my sPod toggle switches to activate a solenoid which provides power to the switch under the hood. I used the parts listed in this thread (https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...on-of-stock-jeep-wrangler-tj-a-c-system.3672/) which is posted on this forum. Everything is working as planned so far. Now I want to run air line underneath and have an air chuck by each tire. Trying to air up and down all 4 tires at the same time. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_20200326_191321.jpg
IMG_20200326_191334.jpg
IMG_20200326_191345.jpg
IMG_20200326_191358.jpg

Purchased some new wheels and tires for the TJ. Mounted some 37 12.5 R17 Patagonia M'T's onto these 17x8.5" Vision 398BL Manx Competition beadLock wheels. I just need to get a rear tire carrier for the back now.

IMG_20200711_165409.jpg

IMG_20200711_165512.jpg

IMG_20200711_170235.jpg

Last edited:
I added a newer Jeep to the family. I purchased a used 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon. Unfortunately, I have been spending all of my mad money on buying parts for it lately. The purchase made the TJ become my daily driver. That part made my kind of happy, but other than being driven, it hasn't got much love lately.

We had the TJ out for a family back roading trip a couple weeks ago and got caught in a huge rain storm. We were able to see it coming and pulled over for lunch as it passed. However, the jeep was naked and left us plenty wet on the way home. No big deal, but it also made me realize just how bad my steering wheel is getting to be. When wet, it becomes extremely sticky, mushy, and leaves your hands black. So I decided to add a Wheelskin leather cover to it. I'm no seamstress, so I am sure it could have been applied better, but its much better on the hands. I thought it turned out ok.

I added a newer Jeep to the family. I purchased a used 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon. Unfortunately, I have been spending all of my mad money on buying parts for it lately. The purchase made the TJ become my daily driver. That part made my kind of happy, but other than being driven, it hasn't got much love lately.

We had the TJ out for a family back roading trip a couple weeks ago and got caught in a huge rain storm. We were able to see it coming and pulled over for lunch as it passed. However, the jeep was naked and left us plenty wet on the way home. No big deal, but it also made me realize just how bad my steering wheel is getting to be. When wet, it becomes extremely sticky, mushy, and leaves your hands black. So I decided to add a Wheelskin leather cover to it. I'm no seamstress, so I am sure it could have been applied better, but its much better on the hands. I thought it turned out ok except for the
IMG_20200730_191557.jpg
IMG_20200730_191604.jpg
IMG_20200730_214030.jpg
IMG_20200730_214142.jpg
IMG_20200725_122758.jpg

We had the TJ out for a family back roading trip a couple weeks ago and got caught in a huge rain storm. We were able to see it coming and pulled over for lunch as it passed. However, the jeep was naked and left us plenty wet on the way home. No big deal, but it also made me realize just how bad my steering wheel is getting to be. When wet, it becomes extremely sticky, mushy, and leaves your hands black. So I decided to add a Wheelskin leather cover to it. I'm no seamstress, so I am sure it could have been applied better, but its much better on the hands. I thought it turned out ok except for theView attachment 180670View attachment 180671View attachment 180672View attachment 180673View attachment 180675
Nice looking JK. Whats the plans for it?

Nice looking JK. Whats the plans for it?

Plans are for an overkill Overlanding rig. lol

I'm currently in the process of piling up parts. Those parts include:
Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger lift w/ Rocksport shocks
Metalcloak heavy duty tie rod and drag link
Currie Anti-Rock swaybar
Artec Industries inner C gussets
KMC Machete 17"x9" wheels
37"x12.5" R17 Toyo Open Country MT tires
Cavfab tire carrier
VKS 3.5 stubby aluminum front bumper
VKS rear bumper
I ordered but I'm waiting on the arrival of some Nemesis Odyssey front fenders, notorious dovetail rear fenders, and tub armor.

Some of those parts I need to get powder coated or painted. For the most part, that's the big things for the outside. Then I have a bunch of electrical and overlanding accessories to save for. I started a thread on Chris's JK forum. I'll be posting updates there.

Plenty of things I would like to do to the M416 trailer I picked up as well! Slowly, but surely. This time next year I plan on exploring out West. I would like to make it a yearly event thereafter.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting