Things you LIKE about TJs

I like the size and turn ratio.

I like the turn radius as well, you can really maneuver where longer 4x4's can't. Park them about anywhere too.

Most things in the engine compartment are easy to access and relatively easy to work on, especially when you compare to some new cars and trucks that once you pop the hood, you can't even see most of the engine as it's behind plastic shrouds and stuff.

i LIKE how my jeep will decide on how to spend my money. Trying to save for a rainy day? Forget about it..it'll need something for me to spend it on or if I think I'm good and the rig is running well,give it a day,something will need replaced or fixed...it's great outlet for irresponsible spending

The i6 (need I say more?)
Turning radius is awesome
Park anywhere (including my short garage)
Hoist that top off
Rip those doors off
Put them back on
Climb
Crawl
Mud
Snow
Rock
Dust
Don't want to speed
Easy to work on
Easy to mod
Everyone of my guy friends asks, "How's the Jeep?"
Can hunt, work the land, go fishing, MTBR, cruising, et. Al. Et. Al.
It's as fun getting there as it is when you get there

What's not to like?

The i6 (need I say more?)
Turning radius is awesome
Park anywhere (including my short garage)
Hoist that top off
Rip those doors off
Put them back on
Climb
Crawl
Mud
Snow
Rock
Dust
Don't want to speed
Easy to work on
Easy to mod
Everyone of my guy friends asks, "How's the Jeep?"
Can hunt, work the land, go fishing, MTBR, cruising, et. Al. Et. Al.
It's as fun getting there as it is when you get there

What's not to like?

Vibes
Death wobble
Getting caught in a freak rain storm when the tops off
balancing the tires for like the 11 billionth time!
Damn you noisy mud terrains

Oh wait, wrong thread! Lol!

agree with all of the above..... plus I never worry about getting dinged in the doors in a parking lot, or no worries about scratches when it lays on it's side by slipping into a ditch, and how others stay away from me in parallel parking for fear of my bumpers. I even got hit once by someone not seeing me in his blind spot on my passenger side, but he hit my 35 tire and he just bounced off, no harm

Vibes
Death wobble
Getting caught in a freak rain storm when the tops off
balancing the tires for like the 11 billionth time!
Damn you noisy mud terrains

Oh wait, wrong thread! Lol!
hey, you can fix the death wobble, you can minimize the vibes, you should carry some rain gear... ha

Reactions: ToniGarcia
All the good stuff listed.
My 2006 TJ X had 39k orig miles on it when I bought it about 2 + years ago. It now has 73k. It runs and drives better than any other car I have owned. It's a S--t load more comfortable than my 44 Ford GPW Military, and just as much fun. Multiple trips from Colorado to California and back with major storms at times, and zero issues The sense of freedom it brings can't be matched, and you can tinker with it and still drive it if you don't finish........for the most part anyway. Last: This jeep community is just as great as the Military and flat fender jeep communities.

Reactions: Chris and Kyle_W
- Looks awesome (isn't a cookie cutter vehicle like almost everything else on the road)
- Neat that it was built when Mercedes and Chrysler merged for a period of time
- Produced in Toledo, Ohio (not imported from even Mexico or Canada)
- Simple
- I have had no issues at all with mine since I have put 40k miles on it
- Can turn around on a two lane road in it's stride
- In my opinion, the 4.0L + the factory exhaust actually sounds good when you step on the skinny pedal
- Round headlights are iconic
- Tons of space in the engine bay
- One of the few vehicles that truly looks good lifted and with bigger tires

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Gets through narrow spots! This would be unthinkable in a JK. Everybody I take to this cringes as we come up on it! LOL
IMG_5424.JPG
IMG_5426.JPG

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
The feeling of freedom when I drive it. My son thinks it's the coolest and best vehicle ever in the world. I love that I can go anywhere with it and have a damn good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all that has been said. I love that I can go anywhere, turn on a dime, fit on narrow mountain trails, don't need to trailer it like a Razor, park where I please, customize it to whatever look or use I desire easily and with less expense than nearly any other vehicle and 100 more reasons.

I will sacrifice driving mine in the winter so that it looks good forever and I will not mind rebuilding the engine, transfer case, tranny or axles regardless of miles.

My '99 TJ 4.0L auto tranny with 3:73-1 gears is ok I guess.

But I miss my '80 cj7 with the 304 v8, granny four speed heavy tc, 427:1 gears and posi f&r. Dana 30 & Dana 44 she had all the best drive train wise.

Fact, I purchased a Polaris quad to ride and plow snow. It was useless plowing snow. I purchased a '55 cj5 ($400) with a 4 way plow about 25 years ago still have it.

The rusted frames still haunt me even with the TJ I purchased new. If I purchase another new wrangler truck I'll dip the frame. Lol

Last edited:
I thought of another one. All these new vehicles today, like the 4-door F150's, are very very nice. I love the way they look. But, just wait a few years, and they will look outdated compared to the newer vehicles.

TJ's, while old, turns heads when properly modded. They just get better with age.