wierd ... my 2015 Taco had zero hesitation. It's the Limited 6' bed version- not sure if that makes a difference.
I’ve heard the extra length helps, but I cannot verify, I could have messed with different positions on the trailer to see if that would help, but I ended up borrowing my brothers f250 for that particular trip. Consequently, My brother-in-law tows his 97SE with a 2015 CCSB Tacoma and has no complaints, so maybe it was just me.

I do miss that truck though. Real nice ride and I really liked the looks of it. Wasn’t too excited about the F150 but I view it as more of a tool and it pulls the Jeep well.

Is anyone running tire basket straps? I think i want to move to this method by adding some tie-down tracks and tire nets.

Reactions: Apparition
Is anyone running tire basket straps? I think i want to move to this method by adding some tie-down tracks and tire nets.
I was going to but Mac's couldn't get them to me in time a couple years ago when I needed them. I like the idea and it seems easier to use.

However, in talking to them the nets are very specific to your tire size and they said if the tire size changed much you'd need new nets.

However, in talking to them the nets are very specific to your tire size and they said if the tire size changed much you'd need new nets.
Not a downside for me not planning to change much.

They made it sound like a worn out tire needed a different net than a new one. Same model and size.
No, way its that sensitive. The strap use a ratchet on one end. The basket just has to fit over the tire and be tight enough it doesn't slip off under vibration and use.

They also offer adjustable ones for UTV: "Often, UTV owners would like to swap out their OEM tires for larger aftermarket sizes. Our Adjustable Wheel Net includes an adjustable leg so if you do change tire size you can use the same wheel nets. With a simple adjustment this pack will fit many of the most popular UTV tires"

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/...wheel-net-pack-511104a?variant=32324074176586

Reactions: Apparition
No, way its that sensitive. The strap use a ratchet on one end. The basket just has to fit over the tire and be tight enough it doesn't slip off under vibration and use.

They also offer adjustable ones for UTV: "Often, UTV owners would like to swap out their OEM tires for larger aftermarket sizes. Our Adjustable Wheel Net includes an adjustable leg so if you do change tire size you can use the same wheel nets. With a simple adjustment this pack will fit many of the most popular UTV tires"

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/...wheel-net-pack-511104a?variant=32324074176586
I agree it made no sense. Worth a call to them if you decide to go that route.

i have an 18’ PJ car hauler that’s served me well for about 15 years now. Only regret is not going bigger than the 3500lb axles on mine. A built LJ with tools and spares pushes the limit of my trailer. Not a fan of continuously running things at the upper end of their working limits.

Reactions: Lax22
Ended up getting a great deal on a brand new 8x20 10K steel trailer that was half the price of aluminum. Used it over 1000 miles with my LJ, willys and WRX. Painted the deck boards with Thompson water seal with the hopes I can use this for many years. Sharing pics for anyone with an LJ considering what size trailer they want?
0624221800b_HDR.jpg

0626220844b.jpg

i haven't seen any posts from @Jorge Bolivar in quite some time. i think i saw him scootin by when i was at the corner store the other day, not to many red TJs on 35's around me.

• Haha
Reactions: RINC