Tire Carrier Options

So with your experience I taking your opinion is that a genuine Chrysler OE gate is the only way to go and shouldn't have this problem.

Yes, 100%. An OE Chrysler tailgate would not give you this issue at all, I can all but guarantee that. Like I said, I know a lot of people with this Exogate, but none of them have ever had this issue.

Reactions: Len
He stated that it is aftermarket. I'm hoping that is the problem as I recently installed the exogate

I clearly missed that part.

That is the issue then, I can guarantee that. Those aftermarket Chinese body parts are known for being made of subpar metals.

@
I clearly missed that part.

That is the issue then, I can guarantee that. Those aftermarket Chinese body parts are known for being made of subpar metals.
Thank you for your input. Since I can't find a spec sheet, advice from a more knowledgeable person is second to none. Trying to locate a used one before dropping $ on a new one.

Reactions: Chris
@

Thank you for your input. Since I can't find a spec sheet, advice from a more knowledgeable person is second to none. Trying to locate a used one before dropping $ on a new one.

Go here:
http://car-part.com

You can search the inventory for every single wrecking yard within X miles of you. You can narrow it down by tailgate too. That should save you some time, and some money too!

Reactions: Kyle_W and Len
Thank you to everyone for your input. Myself and my bodyman are trying to locate one and just may be in luck. IF it's what they say it is, they'll deliver it in person at no cost. That would be sheer luck.

Go here:
http://car-part.com

You can search the inventory for every single wrecking yard within X miles of you. You can narrow it down by tailgate too. That should save you some time, and some money too!
Ok Chris... I purchased a used OE gate. I have a question on it. I've looked at a friends to try and compare the two. Is it normal for there to be a slight bow outwards on the top corners of the rear gate? I'm assuming not and it's just a result of use and wear. The used OE gate is twice as heavy and rust free. I have nothing to compare it to other than looking at another one. My friends has a very slight bow outwards on the hinge side but not on the latch side where as my OE gate has a slight outward bow on both the hinge and latch side. Just interested in your opinion and knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Ok Chris... I purchased a used OE gate. I have a question on it. I've looked at a friends to try and compare the two. Is it normal for there to be a slight bow outwards on the top corners of the rear gate? I'm assuming not and it's just a result of use and wear. The used OE gate is twice as heavy and rust free. I have nothing to compare it to other than looking at another one. My friends has a very slight bow outwards on the hinge side but not on the latch side where as my OE gate has a slight outward bow on both the hinge and latch side. Just interested in your opinion and knowledge. Thanks in advance.
Do you have any photos of these bowed areas you reference?

No. The only way you can notice it is to get eye level with the top of the gate and look down it. As I said it is very slight. I'm assuming it should be straight from end to end. It would be a simple fix for my body man. I just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone else has noticed thiers with a slight outward bow. It could be as simple as closing the gate with something in the way an springing it.

Below are the only pics I have of it.
IMG_5222.PNG

Mine doesn't bow out at all, so this may be a sign of wear from years or use. Whoever is painting it could probably fix this very easily would be my guess!

Reactions: Len
Mine doesn't bow out at all, so this may be a sign of wear from years or use. Whoever is painting it could probably fix this very easily would be my guess!
My thoughts also. However there isn't many in my area to even compare it with. Most you see are XJs or JKU. I didn't think it should. Body man does great work, just isn't familiar with TJs like you and others in this forum. Thanks for the reply and advice.

Reactions: Chris