TJ Glovebox Light Install

I just received an email from Jaycar, They said that they do send to the US, So in my previous post you can order the exact door pin switch.

I found pretty much the same thing here in the US on ebay if you haven't ordered yet. in won't let me post the link but search the title below.

4 x Universal Car Boat Truck Light Hood Dome Door Jamb Flange Mount Pin Switch

I found pretty much the same thing here in the US on ebay if you haven't ordered yet. in won't let me post the link but search the title below.

4 x Universal Car Boat Truck Light Hood Dome Door Jamb Flange Mount Pin Switch

Oh ya perfect, nice find!

It's been about a month now since I installed the glovebox light, no problems to report at all. Sometimes I just sit in the Jeep and open the glovebox to see the light, very happy with it.

I just received all of the parts except the tiny screws. But am in the middle of other projects. This is on my to do list soon.

One thing I have done is put some tape over the wiring to hold it in place. I am trying to find some sort of clip for it, which would be better. But it's good for now.
tape.jpg

Reactions: Chris
One thing I have done is put some tape over the wiring to hold it in place. I am trying to find some sort of clip for it, which would be better. But it's good for now.View attachment 25989

You could drill a hole for the zip tie. (Good Idea Chris). I am still working on my front bumper/winch set up but I this is next on my list, but question where did you get the tiny screws for the light itself? Also how long are they? I have everything to do this except the tiny screws.

Reactions: Chris
You could drill a hole for the zip tie. (Good Idea Chris). I am still working on my front bumper/winch set up but I this is next on my list, but question where did you get the tiny screws for the light itself? Also how long are they? I have everything to do this except the tiny screws.
Whenever I throw something out, old hard drive, cassette player or whatever it is, I pull them to bits to see how they work and keep all the screws and usefull parts. They were from that jar. I will measure one of the screws tomorrow sometime and let you know. They aren't very long, just screw into the plastic, they don't go through into the metal as I think that's where the air bag is somewhere, and I thought I probably shouldn't drill into that! Another option is to use some contact cement or silicon to hold the LED in place. I found the double sided tape made the whole thing a little bit too thick that's why I used the screws. If I didn't find the screws, I would have used a smear of silicon to hold the LED in place.

• Love
Reactions: bedhed
Whenever I throw something out, old hard drive, cassette player or whatever it is, I pull them to bits to see how they work and keep all the screws and usefull parts. They were from that jar. I will measure one of the screws tomorrow sometime and let you know. They aren't very long, just screw into the plastic, they don't go through into the metal as I think that's where the air bag is somewhere, and I thought I probably shouldn't drill into that! Another option is to use some contact cement or silicon to hold the LED in place. I found the double sided tape made the whole thing a little bit too thick that's why I used the screws. If I didn't find the screws, I would have used a smear of silicon to hold the LED in place.

Good points. I probably have some screws for the same reason oas you. I just didnt think of that. Nice job. In Arizona the dilicone idea might last til June then the cabin can get up to 130 degrees and the silcone would let loose. I bet i could find some screws in the same way you did. Thanks for the idea.

Good points. I probably have some screws for the same reason oas you. I just didnt think of that. Nice job. In Arizona the dilicone idea might last til June then the cabin can get up to 130 degrees and the silcone would let loose. I bet i could find some screws in the same way you did. Thanks for the idea.
Here's one of the screws.
LED Screw.jpg

Reactions: Chris and ac_