TJ LED Tail Light Signal Hyper Flash

cfredrick

I just recently installed LED head and tailights on my ‘03 wrangler. Now, my turn signals hyper flash whenver I use them. From other posts online I see that it has something to do with the flasher relay. However, I want to make sure I get the right one. I have seen a mix of recommendations from the EP-27, GCD-TJ, and LM-470. Some seem to have issues with the hazards not working or clicking after the signaling is done. Any direction for which one will work without issues?

Reactions: MangoTango
I just recently installed LED head and tailights on my ‘03 wrangler. Now, my turn signals hyper flash whenver I use them. From other posts online I see that it has something to do with the flasher relay. However, I want to make sure I get the right one. I have seen a mix of recommendations from the EP-27, GCD-TJ, and LM-470. Some seem to have issues with the hazards not working or clicking after the signaling is done. Any direction for which one will work without issues?
I have the LM-470 installed with all LED turn signals and it works perfectly. But I have a 97

Reactions: MichaelGH
I'm having an issue with rear LEDs and incandescent in the front turn and marker lights. With the stock flasher relay, the signals would hyper-flash but the 4 way flasher would blink normally. I swapped out the flasher relay for the "LED Friendly" version and now my turn signals flash normally, but my flasher growls and does not light anything. Any suggestions on what to try would also be appreciated! 2003 TJ

UPDATE - I only have the hyper flashing happen with the left turn signal, the right and hazards function fine. I am feeling like it has something to do with the fact that I cut my old tail light’s harness and wired the new right tailight directly into it, so I would still have a plug. For the left side, however, I wired it into the receiving part of the plug harness, rather than cutting and wiring the old tail light’s harness. Possibly if I cut my old left tail light’s harness and wire it into the new light like I did with the right side, this will fix things? I still haven’t gotten the LED flasher relay due to my thoughts on this…