Toughness personified

Don't see these clamps on the BMB site. Says OEM style are included. I have the tie rod but haven't even opened the box.. eek.
I remember mrblaine mentioning them but didn't realize they are available.
These are a preview set.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Don't see these clamps on the BMB site. Says OEM style are included. I have the tie rod but haven't even opened the box.. eek.
I remember mrblaine mentioning them but didn't realize they are available.
We are still testing the design. At the price they are going to cost, they can't be lacking in any aspect that matters.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Did you supply the grade 8 hardware? Mine came with grade 9 h-ware.
That's because my local supplier that I get a lot of fasteners from gave me the F-911 stuff in place of the grade 8 I ordered and charged me the same price. I could wait on the Gr. 8 or I could ship with what I had.

Reactions: DrDmoney
While the same clamps we used on the Savvy version are not terrible, something changed in how they make them now and as such, we will no longer be using them. The old ones work, they just don't work as well as I want them to.

We will instead switch over to the new heavy duty version we are having made. If you are an existing purchaser and want to upgrade, we will charge the difference between the cost of the old clamp and the new HD versions. That will be $40.00 shipped. The tie rod will go up in price by $35.00 and will include the new clamps and hardware. They may be for sale as a stand-alone product if we get a larger supply in stock, but for now, they will only be available to existing purchasers.
DSC00384.JPG

It has come to my attention that while I do consider most of the folks that acquire our stuff to be way above average when it comes to common sense and smarts, it has been suggested that one might be removing both tie rod ends from the tie rod ends to swap clamps. That would be the harder way to do it. Simply pop the knuckle side off, get a measurement, slide off both old clamps, slide on both new ones. Less work that way.

While the same clamps we used on the Savvy version are not terrible, something changed in how they make them now and as such, we will no longer be using them. The old ones work, they just don't work as well as I want them to.

We will instead switch over to the new heavy duty version we are having made. If you are an existing purchaser and want to upgrade, we will charge the difference between the cost of the old clamp and the new HD versions. That will be $40.00 shipped. The tie rod will go up in price by $35.00 and will include the new clamps and hardware. They may be for sale as a stand-alone product if we get a larger supply in stock, but for now, they will only be available to existing purchasers. View attachment 323189
Ok, I'll be dipshit #1 and ask if there's a link to the new clamps. I looked but no findum..

Reactions: Bigmac
Ok, I'll be dipshit #1 and ask if there's a link to the new clamps. I looked but no findum..
i thought about sending a PayPal payment with "hello kitty" in the subject line but stopped short of submitting. knowing blaine that's exactly what Id get and i can only imagine how many hello kitty stickers you'd get for 40 bucks....

• Haha
Reactions: RINC
i thought about sending a PayPal payment with "hello kitty" in the subject line but stopped short of submitting. knowing blaine that's exactly what Id get and i can only imagine how many hello kitty stickers you'd get for 40 bucks....
You would get exactly 400 assorted shipped.

The clamps just got here this morning. They will be on the site ASAP. For the acronym illiterate, that means as soon as possible. That does not mean in the next 10 minutes.