Toughness personified

I clicked back as was suggested by one page and did not see the answer so I kinda had no choice.
Well, shoot. Old age got me again. My sincere apologies to @NOTNSUV. I thought the answer was in this thread, but it's not. I was mis-remembering it from the link ("Savvy tie-rod?") I posted in page five of this thread. Technically, one could get the answer clicking back two pages and then randomly clicking on that link to read that thread. That would be very serendipitous, though, wouldn't it?

I've been devouring information from this site at a rapid pace since I got my LJ and started my build in June, and it's all starting to run together. Again, @NOTNSUV - I was in the wrong here, and I apologize sincerely.

Carry on - I'm on my way to the store for some tampons...

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and TJ Starting
Well, shoot. Old age got me again. My sincere apologies to @NOTNSUV. I thought the answer was in this thread, but it's not. I was mis-remembering it from the link ("Savvy tie-rod?") I posted in page five of this thread. Technically, one could get the answer clicking back two pages and then randomly clicking on that link to read that thread. That would be very serendipitous, though, wouldn't it?

I've been devouring information from this site at a rapid pace since I got my LJ and started my build in June, and it's all starting to run together. Again, @NOTNSUV - I was in the wrong here, and I apologize sincerely.

Carry on - I'm on my way to the store for some tampons...
I hope the viewers don't puke or be terribly disappointed that we're burying the hatchet (can we say that anymore?) but I'll accept yours and offer my apology to you as well, I overreacted - the meds are kicking in - sincerely tho', I apologize.
On second thought I hope the meanies do throw up in their mouth a bit.

Now I have to go find your LJ so I can see what (else) we have in common.

All good.

Reactions: Irun
I hope the viewers don't puke or be terribly disappointed that we're burying the hatchet (can we say that anymore?) but I'll accept yours and offer my apology to you as well, I overreacted - the meds are kicking in - sincerely tho', I apologize.

All good.
Ya'll need to knock that touchy feely shit off in any thread I'm involved in.

All good.
This is a bunch of BS. I just made some popcorn and had my evening planned to react to the drama in this thread. Guess I will see what the wife is watching on the Hallmark channel……

Sorry to let y'all down, but as I said in my rant - common decency and all...

1643253710218.gif

All this non sense is making me want to buy one now and store it away, for fear no more will ever be produced. This is a clear case where someone does something to solve a real problem, makes it available to others at minimal cost, then gets crap for doing so. I really wonder why he sticks around and puts up with it! :(
Yeah, that exact same thought has crossed my mind....

Reactions: lBasket and Irun
All this non sense is making me want to buy one now and store it away, for fear no more will ever be produced. This is a clear case where someone does something to solve a real problem, makes it available to others at minimal cost, then gets crap for doing so. I really wonder why he sticks around and puts up with it! :(
This was my thinking as well.

Tie rod purchased. Looking forward to it. :)

• USA Proud
Reactions: JMT and Irun
Some of ya'll know what these are, some should know, some will regret knowing and the rest will just be bored.
We're doing a batch of heat treated 4340 tie rods since they are just too good not to be out there.

These are the tie rods with very high resistant to being bent that work with the Currie/Rockjock 4x4 Currectlynk and are threaded to use those tie rod ends. After heat treat they get split and use OEM style pinch clamps the same way the Currie RJ tie rod does.

View attachment 302815
Tie rod ends i would need for this, Rockjock I gather, 1 LH and 1 RH? Or….