Tub Rail Armor

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Since i'm topless year-round I figured I might try and dress up the tubs top rail and didn't want to spend the $60 for the plastic pieces that you may or may not have to modify, I decided to tape everything off and spray it with truck bed armor.

I like it.
Blends in well with trim, has a nice durable and finished look.
What do you guys think?

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

Wow, I really like that! I've been meaning to do something to my tub rails as well, and I think you've inspired me.

I think that looks fantastic.

Wow, I really like that! I've been meaning to do something to my tub rails as well, and I think you've inspired me.

I think that looks fantastic.
Thanks man, I did like 6 coats on there and its all dry now so it has developed a textured finish. Love it.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
It's a very good idea, especially since that is one of those high wear areas.

Reactions: StG58
Thanks everybody!

I certainly did cover up a few scuffs, scrapes, and scratches on that rail. Just tape everything off, and spray away. $10.

Reactions: Chris
Mine is all scuffed up from the hard top, so this is going on my to do list.

Looks great, I'm trying this on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FYI, if I could do it all over again I would use a roll on bed liner if possible vs a spray on. Just for the sake of not having to tape so much stuff off, its not a big deal but just a little more effort goes into taping...Roll on does not require any.

Reactions: lawyerspann
You know this thread is like a year and a half old? @EJD, this guy wants your help on the tub rail
Thanks man, for whatever reason it did not alert me.

Anyway @moab I used this stuff at the time https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019XC46K0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Like I said though if I were to do it again I would use a roll-on vs a spray on. And also commit to sanding the surface a bit. I may need to do another application with some better stuff or have the guys at Line-X do it for me. I really like the way it turned out and would highly recommend it still. (For those that go topless often enough for it to be worth it).

Reactions: JMT