LED install. I originally went with 6500 white LEDS in the taillights and front turn signals. I used a new flasher relay but the front turn signal dash indicators stayed on when the lights were on. Then found out you should match the LEDs with the lens color. So I put in new ambers from superbrightlleds and now the turn signals on the dash are off with the lights on, not sure what changed...

View attachment 178197View attachment 178198View attachment 178199
Do you have the link to the ambers?

getting hung up with under hood temps and this cookin my strut thing. i cut some holes surrounding the tower to let some heat vent but i doubt that'll be enough.

did you go with the hood vent for engine bay temps?
how well do you think it works to vent heat from the front end?
think there is really much difference from a PS to a amazon knock off, it's just stamped aluminum?

getting hung up with under hood temps and this cookin my strut thing. i cut some holes surrounding the tower to let some heat vent but i doubt that'll be enough.

think there is really much difference from a PS to a amazon knock off, it's just stamped aluminum?

+1 - I’m looking at louvers to lower the overall under hood temp since I apparently cooked my pcm.

+1 - I’m looking at louvers to lower the overall under hood temp since I apparently cooked my pcm.

I did notice quicker start after running the engine a bit and it was up to temp. The torque app showed a slightly lower intake temp, probably not enough to make a performance difference. I got mine for free with no hardware. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have one

More bulbs switched out for LEDs

20200729_175616.jpg

20200729_175614.jpg

20200729_175607.jpg

That's some crazy flex on the 3/4th photo. Looks like a fun trail. How did you manage to break the CB antenna?

Reactions: Wildman
That's some crazy flex on the 3/4th photo. Looks like a fun trail. How did you manage to break the CB antenna?

Part of the trail had an obstacle where you drive up high on a hillside and try to squeeze underneath a tree at the same time. If you're not careful you could cave in the windshield frame. The antenna was just too tall when the rear of the jeep went under the tree.

Interestingly enough, I had a better SWR reading with the 3' antenna vs 2'. But when the 2' went on the radio chatter coming in was absolutely crisp and clear and they said my out signals were much clearer too. So something was off on the old 3'

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
My last 1,657 miles and 107.05 gallons of fuel:

268.8 miles / 16.917 gallons = 15.86 mpg
265.7 miles / 17.248 gallons = 15.40 mpg
216.7 miles / 15.589 gallons = 13.90 mpg
185.5 miles / 12.584 gallons = 14.74 mpg
244.9 miles / 15.306 gallons = 16.00 mpg
219.7 miles / 14.090 gallons = 15.59 mpg
255.7 miles / 16.428 gallons = 15.56 mpg

Averages out to be 15.48 mpg. Not bad for 35s!

How do you like MT/R's in this size? I'm torn between these or Maxxis Razrs

How do you like MT/R's in this size? I'm torn between these or Maxxis Razrs
Love them offroad. Thats it. On a daily driver they are horrible. They lack traction in the snow/ice/rain and they are a bitch to keep balanced. I'll get 35-40k out of them though

Those sunset photos are beautiful @tworley.

Driving that pass in daytime is no joke. Night time seems dangerous! Did you see another vehicle?

Those sunset photos are beautiful @tworley.

Driving that pass in daytime is no joke. Night time seems dangerous! Did you see another vehicle?

Not one. It was enjoyable to have it all to myself. I made sure to take it slow and I came to a full stop when I wanted to take in the scenery. I feel that's where people get into trouble, not paying attention to the road and looking at the scenery. Then they drive up the high side or the edge