Scrounging to get Moab ready. Oil change as we speak, mounted my radio while it's draining. Still need to set my toe and tie up the front driveshaft. And fix my door handle from the inside...
20210421_202147.jpg

It it me or does it look like the top bolt is loose? Backed out?

I am sure everyone has seen the Moab photos, but I am dealing with rapid failures within my driveshaft. Replaced a centering ball twice in one week, replaced ujoints as well. Loud rotational knock when under load thru 1st and 2nd. Knowledgeable folks say my pinion angle is off and I am inclined to agree. My control arm joints are completely shot too which I think is a contributing factor. So in the next few days I plan to take a look at that. My water pump also failed. I overhauled the cooling system in October of 2016. All parts were bought from wermopar. No indication of Chrysler on the water pump that failed shy of 5 years. I am now using a NAPA brand pump.

I am sure everyone has seen the Moab photos, but I am dealing with rapid failures within my driveshaft. Replaced a centering ball twice in one week, replaced ujoints as well. Loud rotational knock when under load thru 1st and 2nd. Knowledgeable folks say my pinion angle is off and I am inclined to agree. My control arm joints are completely shot too which I think is a contributing factor. So in the next few days I plan to take a look at that. My water pump also failed. I overhauled the cooling system in October of 2016. All parts were bought from wermopar. No indication of Chrysler on the water pump that failed shy of 5 years. I am now using a NAPA brand pump.
Must be a red jeep thing lol... I bent the F out of my front driveshaft yesterday, now vibes horribly above 30mph. Good thing I towed my jeep down. Hope everything is well

Reactions: tworley
Since you have your driveshaft removed, have you checked your pinion for any play other than rotational backlash?

Reactions: D M and SvtLdr
What parts are you using when servicing the center ball? I would replace those bolts with these https://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/SPI-230914.html which can also be fount in kit 2-70-48x. Make sure the pin the needles ride on is smooth, round and exactly .5 inch.

Reactions: D M