Undercoating

Stinkbug

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
The only Jeep I roll around under is mine so I am not sure what others look like underneath...That said, mine has some sort of undercoating that has held up well for the last 23-24 years. Except for some water that was left in the floorboard some time ago not even a bit of rust on the tub.

There are a few spots that the undercoating had come off due to getting banged around during other projects. I would like to recover them with the same stuff...

Can anyone tell me from the pictures if this is a factory coating or something that was added after it rolled off the line? Or more importantly were do I get more ?

Thanks for any input.

34245880-AFD1-4088-80B7-B71DFA2750CE.jpeg

63F11083-43BD-43AA-A8D9-5ADEFA15F3EA.jpeg

I stand corrected. Mine is so covered in dust I couldn’t see it well.
One would think the forum owner would have a sparkling underside :LOL:

Yeah mine has about 1/8" of Utah dirt everywhere. I have my rear axle out, got a good look above my gas tank & there's like a pound of rocks wedged between the tank and the tub.

One would think the forum owner would have a sparkling underside :LOL:

Yeah mine has about 1/8" of Utah dirt everywhere. I have my rear axle out, got a good look above my gas tank & there's like a pound of rocks wedged between the tank and the tub.
No way, mine is coated in dust. The only place I bother keeping clean is the interior, but that's only because I sit in there so I don't like it being filthy. I need to get the pressure washer out and clean the underside now that I think about it.

Reactions: Chris
Mine has the same on the tub, seems sporadic tho 👎

I'm looking to finish the undercoating on my Jeep. Prior owner started and never finished it, has anyone done they're own undercoating? Suggestions appreciated!
The only Jeep I roll around under is mine so I am not sure what others look like underneath...That said, mine has some sort of undercoating that has held up well for the last 23-24 years. Except for some water that was left in the floorboard some time ago not even a bit of rust on the tub.

There are a few spots that the undercoating had come off due to getting banged around during other projects. I would like to recover them with the same stuff...

Can anyone tell me from the pictures if this is a factory coating or something that was added after it rolled off the line? Or more importantly were do I get more ?

Thanks for any input.

View attachment 220679

View attachment 220680